cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually Disable ENS process

How can I manually terminate McAfee process via commandline on an endpoint?. What are the command I can issue. I'm having a high utilization on my servers, and I want to check if it is McAfee products that is causing it

5 Replies
Reliable Contributor Daniel_S
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: Manually Disable ENS process

First of all you´ll want to disable Access-Protection so you are able to kill the tasks.

Afterwards just fetch the PID of the process you want to end and run taskkill.exe with the PID from you commandline.

You can also do that remotely with the use of psexec.exe. All tools from the Sysintenals Suite from Microsoft.

Best regards
Dan
Highlighted

Hello,

why don`t you use the easy to go Taskmanager to get a first idea of what is causing the high CPU load, instead of killing the security in first instance? With Windows Server 2008 and above you can furthermore look deeper into the processes and what they are dooing but the Taskmanager will do fine for the first lookup-.

Regards

I did, and I saw alot of McAfee process, and before we install any mcafee products the server were OK, after the installation thats when the CPU kick skyhigh. Those process can't be stop on a normal endtask

Yes policy has been disabled, still I can't terminate the process, i'm using taskkill also and it said access denied, any workaround?

Reliable Contributor Daniel_S
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 6

If you really have to policy disabled, then it can only be due to a lack of rights. Maybe you can change the user with which you are running your taskkill?

Best regards
Dan
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community