Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwoodmls
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Logon Scripts not running ENS

I have logon scripts set up via group policy on some systems that will not launch correctly.  I've been going crazy trying to figure out what is going on, as I've been getting event ID 1130 invalid handle.  I have one system that works but a number of others that don't.  I finally saw someone mention antivirus as a possible culprit, so I uninstalled ENS threat prevention & Platform, and presto! The script started running.

I've tried running the script from two locations: One on my domain's sysvol, and then another as just a local folder on the computer (not temp).  I have yet to see any logged event I can tell from ENS saying it is blocking it, but it seems apparent that it is.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  The script that I'm running is a powershell script.

3 Replies
jsubbura
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Logon Scripts not running ENS

Hi @jwoodmls ,

Thank you for writing in here.

If ENS is blocking the execution of the script, then it would have got recorded in the ENS Event logs.

Do you see any related to your script?

Thank you.

Regards,
Jithendran S
McAfee Employee
jwoodmls
Level 10
Message 3 of 4

@jsubbura not that I can tell.  Just looking at the console it shows no events.  However, the trend I'm seeing is I have about 12 computers running this logon script and the only ones that seem to be working right don't have ENS installed.  I uninstalled ENS on one and then the script started running.  Unless ENS is causing the issue possibly indirectly (like the system is starting up slower because ENS is installed?).

jwoodmls
Level 10
Message 4 of 4

The issue mainly seemed to affect the script if it was at a UNC path, does that ring any bells?

Running locally as a scheduled task seems to work, so it isn't an issue any longer, but it definitely was only an option on the systems running ENS.  In other ways, the systems were identical.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community