Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Herkules
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

License update and products

Jump to solution
Dear Support, As we would like to update our licenses soon, I have the following questions. What is the difference between Endpoint Threat Prevention and Endpoint Advanced Protection? In which of these licenses is Endpoint Security Firewall included? Thank you in advance.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vivs
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: License update and products

Jump to solution

Hello @Herkules 

Thanks for your post!

I believe EndPoint Security Firewall would be available in both the components.

If you have any active Grant available please try to login to the Product Download Site and check under EndPoint Security to see whether the Firewall is available or not.

You can also connect with the Customer Sales Department or Sales Account Manager to get more information.

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-in/global-contact-us.html

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
vivs
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hello @Herkules 

Thanks for your post!

I believe EndPoint Security Firewall would be available in both the components.

If you have any active Grant available please try to login to the Product Download Site and check under EndPoint Security to see whether the Firewall is available or not.

You can also connect with the Customer Sales Department or Sales Account Manager to get more information.

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-in/global-contact-us.html

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @Herkules,

Endpoint Threat Prevention is a name of one specific component. This component predominantly takes care of anti malware capabilities. Kindly please share any details on the naming and where you found the same so that I can check with my Sales team internally and get back to you on the same. Based on the names, this is merely a component which can be a part of any suite that has Endpoint Security in it!

Endpoint Advanced Protection:

This would involve ATP and EDR capabilities. This would definitely involve Firewall as well as a part of Endpoint Security. AS recommended above, contacting Sales would be the best means to get elaborate information on the contents of the suite you select.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Herkules
Level 10
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution
Hi @AdithyanT,

We have bought for example 8500 licenses for 8500 clients and we would like to use the ENS Platform, Threat Prevention and the Firewall. 3000 of these licenses are delivered as "McAfee Endpoint Protection - Advanced Suite" and 5500 of them are delivered as "McAfee Endpoint Threat Protection". The Grant Number and the SKU are the same for both.
What would be the difference here? What are we allowed to use on each case or it is the same after all?
Thank you and best regards.
AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @Herkules,
Thank you for your post. Can you kindly DM me your grant# for me to take a quick look at this?

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @Herkules,

Thank you for your kind and prompt response with requested details via DM. The difference in products can be found by expanding the suite when you scroll below after you use your grant# and email address to login to the below link:

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-in/downloads/my-products.html

The Following products can be seen as additional products added to the SKU Advanced Suite:

Endpoint Security
McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention Firewall Only 8.0 
Management Solutions
McAfee ePO Deep Command Discovery & Reporting 2.4 
McAfee Policy Auditor 6.4 
Messaging & Web Security
McAfee Content Security Reporter 2.60 

Details about each of these products is available at:

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-in/products/a-z.html

Please HIPS Firewall is a separate firewall product that can be installed on Endpoints. This was designed originally to handle Exploit prevention capabilities and Firewall capabilities for machines with VSE.

However with ENS available, I would recommend using the same which already has exploit prevention in built along with Firewall available as an optional component.

Additionally, You can see that both these suites are reflecting under same Grant# and hence you are licensed to use any of these listed components you see in the download page based on the license expiry date you must be provided with for the products.

I sincerely hope this helps your query!

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community