Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

KB92453 / ENSW-97695 Network card initialization is delayed

Jump to solution

Does anyone know the circumstances in which this issue will occur?  I wonder if it is linked to some of our servers (10.7 Feb2020 update) when they reboot not being able to start up services automatically that rely on domain account logins

Hopefully McAfee have a hotfix or update in the works quickly as it sounds like quite a serious issue!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 9

Re: KB92453 / ENSW-97695 Network card initialization is delayed

Jump to solution

Hi @jround 

You are likely experiencing this issue. Our Engineering Team have actually already identified what is causing the issue and are working on creating a fix. I actually just updated the KB article with two workarounds - however these changes won't be available until they've been fully approved by our KB Team.

The two workarounds are:

Workaround 1:
Run the following from Command Prompt launched as an Administrator:
netcfg /v /u mfe_ndisfilt

NOTE: This command will disable the NDIS driver which may impact some Firewall related functionality

Workaround 2:
Install the Endpoint Security Firewall Module.

NOTE: The module does not need to be enabled. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

Hi @jround 

You are likely experiencing this issue. Our Engineering Team have actually already identified what is causing the issue and are working on creating a fix. I actually just updated the KB article with two workarounds - however these changes won't be available until they've been fully approved by our KB Team.

The two workarounds are:

Workaround 1:
Run the following from Command Prompt launched as an Administrator:
netcfg /v /u mfe_ndisfilt

NOTE: This command will disable the NDIS driver which may impact some Firewall related functionality

Workaround 2:
Install the Endpoint Security Firewall Module.

NOTE: The module does not need to be enabled. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

Thank you, the command line seems to work well for now and we can just use our deployment software to automatically push that out in a batch file (We don't make use of ENS Firewall at all, or even Windows Firewall as we have an enterprise firewall solution)

If I can find a machine showing the issue I will log a SR, it is quite hard to tell until they reboot however

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

I should also mention - if you haven't already, please do raise a Service Request with us so we can add your case to our already escalated cases. This way we can keep you updated with the status of the investigation and also we will be able to share any test builds or pre-release versions when/ if any become available. 

Of course we will keep the KB updated with the latest status too, so in case you don't want to raise a request then you can subscribe to the article to receive email notifications when any modification is made.

Feel free to share your SR number with me via private message if you do have/ open one.

Was my reply helpful?
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

I've raised a service request for this, any idea when we'll get the version this is fixed in?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

Hi @ChrisQ 

Our Engineering Team have identified the issue and are working towards the fix. We are hoping to have the fix included in the next release. I'm afraid at this point we don't have a confirmed targeted date but it is expected for Q2 2020.

If you already have a Service Request open then the owner of the case will keep you up to date with the latest status from Engineering. For those members reading this without a Service Request, the KB will be updated as soon as the fix has been released, you can subscribe to the article to receive email notifications whenever the article is updated.

Was my reply helpful?
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution

Please can you tell me why this issue has now been removed from https://kc.mcafee.com/agent/index?page=content&id=KB82450

No other information is shown, it just says 

April 6, 2020Removed issue ENSW-97695.

Has it been resolved? Can I remove the firewall from machines I put it on as per the work around?

I have also noticed KB92453 has gone too. What is going on?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

Hi @ChrisQ,

Thank you for reporting this. I have information the issue is expected to be fixed on our next release soon. However I have inquired internally about the removal of KBA and the Bug information from the KBA.

Kindly please bear with us while we get back to you with an update on the same.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution
KB92453 has been re-posted; please subscribe to the KB to monitor for new updates.
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community