Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
savidudu
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

KB91109 Attachment

Hello,

One of my user is trying to install the attachment attached in the below KB article:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91109

Can someone please let me know how to check why this is not getting installed ?

Also, This installation is mandatory ?

What all things my user can check h

4 Replies
Nitisha_Awas
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Re: KB91109 Attachment

Hi,

Thank you for reaching us on the community portal.

Could you please help me in understanding when we say "my user is trying to install the attachment in KB91109" did we mean the user is uploading the profiles in JAMF?

The profile attached is basically meant to be uploaded in the JAMF to avoid user intervention to grant Full Disk Access for the below ENSM processes. You would need to download the attached config file extract it and upload it to the JAMF console.

- Fmpd
- VShieldScanner
- VShieldScanManager

Hope this helps.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

savidudu
Level 10
Message 3 of 5

Hello @Nitisha_Awas 

Thanks for the response.

Could you please help me in understanding when we say "my user is trying to install the attachment in KB91109" did we mean the user is uploading the profiles in JAMF?

No he was trying to install it on the system and the reason behind is very simple. In you KB there is no where mentioned something related to JAMF.

The profile attached is basically meant to be uploaded in the JAMF to avoid user intervention to grant Full Disk Access for the below ENSM processes. You would need to download the attached config file extract it and upload it to the JAMF console.

This looks fine to me but shouldn't be written in the KB article.

If you search for Keyword JAMF in the KB you will get 0 results.

So it would be helpful if you edit the KB and add this like NOTE.

Thanks,

Nitisha_Awas
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Hi @savidudu

Please check below details specified in the KB:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91109

Solution: Apple enables you to manage PPPC settings through a user-approved Mobile Device Management (MDM) profile.

With the settings in the following table, create a PPPC settings payload to manage McAfee Enterprise product processes. See the specific MDM vendor instructions for payload creation details. Or, you can download and import the profile configuration file. The file is included in the correlating product .zip file in the Attachment section of this article. The profile configuration file can only be deployed through an MDM solution and can't be used on unmanaged devices.

=======================================================

If systems are not managed by any MDM solutions. We would need to manually provide the user consent.

System Preferences >> Security & Privacy >> Privacy >> Full Disk Access

Grant Full Disk Access for the below 3 processes:

- Fmpd
- VShieldScanner
- VShieldScanManager

Hope this helps.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

savidudu
Level 10
Message 5 of 5

Hello,

My concern is if a new person is starting with MAC then he will be not sure and confident.

This what you wrote which seems sensible:

""

- Fmpd
- VShieldScanner
- VShieldScanManager""

This what KB says:

""

Solution: Apple enables you to manage PPPC settings through a user-approved Mobile Device Management (MDM) profile.

With the settings in the following table, create a PPPC settings payload to manage McAfee Enterprise product processes. See the specific MDM vendor instructions for payload creation details. Or, you can download and import the profile configuration file. The file is included in the correlating product .zip file in the Attachment section of this article. The profile configuration file can only be deployed through an MDM solution and can't be used on unmanaged devices.

=======================================================

If systems are not managed by any MDM solutions. We would need to manually provide the user consent.

System Preferences >> Security & Privacy >> Privacy >> Full Disk Access

Grant Full Disk Access for the below 3 processes:

- Fmpd
- VShieldScanner
- VShieldScanManager""

A new person will never knows about your answer and KB solution.

Hope you understand my concern !

Thanks

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community