cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with incomplete installation on endpoints

Jump to solution
To preface I am very new to deploying McAfee Endpoint Security. A small number of client workstations are receiving what appears to be incomplete installs. The Agent is the only thing that seems to install. In ePO the client appears to be OK but not all of the products are listed. When the Agent icon is present in the System Tray there is no communication under Agent Status. The Agent icon is frequently missing.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Re: Issues with incomplete installation on endpoints

Jump to solution

If you are using ePO cloud and your agent is showing no communication, then you will need to check these ports are open: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87330

If they are open and the agent communication is still failing, please give our ePO Cloud team a call when you are ready for a remote session and they will be able to assist you.

If the communication is working, then the products which you selected when setting up the deployment task get installed. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
3 Replies
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi @callen42

To answer this we need to understand more about your deployment strategy. How did you deploy the agent? Are you deploying ENS via ePO? If so, do you have a product deployment task for ENS setup to run on the machine or the group? What does this task contain?

If the agent status is showing no communication, then most likely you have some ports blocked by your firewall. These are the default ports: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66797

You may have changed these though during installation of the ePO server.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you for your quick response.

I am installing the software on the clients via the link generated in the ePO Cloud based management.

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

If you are using ePO cloud and your agent is showing no communication, then you will need to check these ports are open: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87330

If they are open and the agent communication is still failing, please give our ePO Cloud team a call when you are ready for a remote session and they will be able to assist you.

If the communication is working, then the products which you selected when setting up the deployment task get installed. 

Was my reply helpful?
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community