cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Is there a product that integrates with ePO for monitoring employee internet usage?

I've been tasked with finding a solution for monitoring employee internet usage, and I'd like to find a Mcafee product that integrates with ePO but am having a hard time figuring out if there is something that does it. I've come across Web Reporter and Content Security Reporter, but all the documentation looks pretty outdated. I do see an option in ePO for Endpoint Security Web Control to "Send browser page views and downloads to Web Reporter", but the only document that I could find for Web Reporter is extremely outdated. Any advice or guidance would be appreciated.
9 Replies
McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 10

Re: Is there a product that integrates with ePO for monitoring employee internet usage?

Hi dpgator33,

Could you please let us know what are the McAfee product you have in your environment.

Re: Is there a product that integrates with ePO for monitoring employee internet usage?

We have ePO 5.10.0 with Endpoint Security and Drive Encryption.  If you require more information can you be more specific?

McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

You already found 50% of the information yourself. Let me complete rest of the things. I have confirmed with my peer from CSR team as we do have great product CSR software solution that helps you identify and analyze a broad range of data collected from your network devices. To identify and analyze network activity, Content Security Reporter allows you to collect and manage the data from your integrated alert, authentication, email, and web devices.

Use the collected data to identify these potential issues:
• Bandwidth overload
• Liability exposure
• Productivity loss
• Security threats

Latest CSR version is 2.6 which has been there for quite long time and document is same.

csrr.PNG

Lot of key features are available among one of the important features :

McAfee ePO integration — Content Security Reporter extends the McAfee ePO interface functionality to add new reporting capabilities while o΍erLnJ all standard ePolicy Orchestrator features and functions.
Dashboards — Dashboards provide visibility into the network usage of your organization. Yes you can also generate network usage report by user.

Compatible Mcafee Products. It means the below products can integrate with CSR if you are using in your environment.

csrr1.PNG

To know more about the product details/pricing and other stuff, you can contact your sales account manager.

I hope this information helps.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 10

For your information, McAfee Web Reporter is no longer supported by McAfee and it is EOL product. Go to the below link and select CSR/Web Reporter.

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/support/product-eol.htm

web.PNG

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 10

Thank you for posting your query 

I suggest you to go with  McAfee Web Gateway to monitor employee Internet usage. 

Please refer to the Bandwidth throttling topic from the link below 

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/web-gateway-7.7.0-product-guide-unmanaged/page/GUID-3F4AF3C9-098F-407...

You may also refer to the 

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Documents/Web-Gateway-Understanding-and-Configuring-Bandwidth-Contro...

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 10

Endpoint security web control can send all that info to epo for reporting in epo without CSR.  I will move this post to the ENS team so they can assist with more detail on that functionality.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

@cdinet ENS Web Control is not a Monitoring Software for websites. It will give you a list of bad/ malicious sites visited but you will not get a list of "green" rated sites. We would advise as @Thussain mentioned, to use Web Gateway for this.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
McAfee Employee mmuthuga
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 10

McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

Hi @dpgator33 

As @mmuthuga said, we have the tool Web reporter. Possible reason why you did not find any luck searching for that product's newer document would be because of the name. Currently this product is called McAfee Content Security Reporter.

Product Documentation: https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/content-security-reporter-2.5.0-product-guide/page/GUID-E29D375D-6227...

As suggested above, You can contact our sales team expressing your needs, They can evaluate if CSR fits your needs here.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community