Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

Is there a clean-up tool for EndPoint Security?

Jump to solution

Does anyone know if McAfee has a manual clean-up tool for EndPoint Security.? 

The reason that we ask is that we have one system that didn't fully upgrade to 10.6. From the ePO console I can see that it has Threat Prevention 10.5.4.420 and Endpoint Security Common 10.6.0.542 listed as installed products. Everytime the user opens file explorer, then the ENS installer will run. 

We have tried to manually uninstall the products via Add/Remove but it will rollback to ENS Threat Prevention 10.5.4. The ePO server is unable to deploy Threat Prevention 10.6. ens.jpeg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 10

Re: Is there a clean-up tool for EndPoint Security?

Jump to solution

@twenden The utility you're describing is the Endpoint Product Removal Tool, or EPR. If you have a valid Grant and Service Portal login, you are able to obtain this tool by accessing your Product Downloads page. For information regarding the tool, please refer to its User Guide, PD27734. (You will need to log into the Service Portal to view this article, as it is a Registered article). You can also refer to KB90895 which speaks about use and how to get the tool.

If you need to call Support for assistance, or more details regarding this tool, please feel free to do so via 800-937-2237

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please give kudos or select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

9 Replies
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

@twenden The utility you're describing is the Endpoint Product Removal Tool, or EPR. If you have a valid Grant and Service Portal login, you are able to obtain this tool by accessing your Product Downloads page. For information regarding the tool, please refer to its User Guide, PD27734. (You will need to log into the Service Portal to view this article, as it is a Registered article). You can also refer to KB90895 which speaks about use and how to get the tool.

If you need to call Support for assistance, or more details regarding this tool, please feel free to do so via 800-937-2237

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please give kudos or select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee BEllis
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

Yes, please call the hotline and open a case with support. If you have access to the portal, you can login and look for the Endpoint Removal Tool 

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Reliable Contributor bretzeli
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 10

FAILING 10.5.4 to 10.6 MIGRATION on around 1 of 200 clients.

Jump to solution

Hello,

We haven seen this on about 2/100 % clients. In that case you have to wait until the Windows Installer does his loops and capture a moment where you can OPEN ADD/SOFTWARE and Remove the 10.5.4 manuell (Exploit/Threat not Plattform). It's unlcear to use even after analyse why this happens sometimes.

The ONLY way seem to handle this manual on the client and ANY UNINSTALL TASK did not work.

It's unclear for us why this works manual so it's not related to MISSING MSI-Source FIles (caches local etc.).

The Mentioned tool below only works for 2 weeks and then EOL and you have to request a new one each time with a support case. Asbolut Nuts for resellers and IT-Service integrators.

McAfee Employee BEllis
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 10

Re: FAILING 10.5.4 to 10.6 MIGRATION on around 1 of 200 clients.

Jump to solution

We are sorry you are having issues with the migration/uninstall tool.

Which tool are you trying to use. The migration or the EPR?

Both of these tools are available on the agent portal and do not require a support case. but if you would like help understanding why you are failing so much please open a case and we can help look into it.

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee BEllis
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

There is a tool called Endpoint Removal Tool.

If you have a valid Grant and Service Portal login, you are able to obtain this tool from Support. For information regarding the tool, please refer to its User Guide, PD27734. (You will need to log into the Service Portal to view this article, as it is a Registered article).

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution
You say that it is available on the agent portal. I have not found it. Had to create a case and was given a link to download the Endpoint Removal Tool. I noticed on the version that I downloaded that it expires in one month and the documentation states that you have to contact support to get a updated version.
McAfee Employee BEllis
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

Yes,  I mispoke. Typically and long term it will normally be available on the Agent portal.

but currently we are having issues with it and need to track the current release.

We typically release one every quarter, so it expires at the end of each quarter. The latest version is 2.2.0

if you need this one currently. The only way to get it is to open a case with support. But will expire at the end of September . Then we will release a new one with expiration of  End of December when the other expires.

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

Reliable Contributor bretzeli
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution
We have used the ENDPOINT REMOVAL tool which can UNINSTALL all ENS by hand (Remote with GUI) or deployed via EPO with Some Command line options. This did help us migrates those 2% we had from all customers. The tool sometimes leaves some leftover on the machines (Directory) which you have to manual delete.
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

@bretzeli I would recommend also looking into the Endpoint Upgrade Assistant to navigate upgrades (including outliers/difficult ones) as it can leverage EPR functionality and assist with some automation of the overall process. 

McAfee® Endpoint Upgrade Assistant is a tool designed to help with analyzing, planning, and executing your upgrade from McAfee® Virusscan Enterprise / McAfee® Endpoint Security to latest version of McAfee® Endpoint Security.

Additional information and best practices- https://www.mcafee.com/enssupport

Video Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT3Is_Y4h4M&list=PLhrTdqg8EHm62YtckPZ0my2zCPYc2yAVa

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community