cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yongjie
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Is it possible to change ports number for macmnsvc?

I am using Endpoint Security For Mac.

I have this macmnsvc running in the background using the port 8081. However my application is running in port 8081.

Can i change the port for macmnsvc used?

6 Replies
vivs
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Re: Is it possible to change ports number for macmnsvc?

Hello @yongjie 

Thanks for your post.

Please login in your ePO >Server Settings>Ports and change Wake Up agent port from there.

It will get applied for all the machines which are managed by ePO.

We do not have an option to change only for one machine.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

yongjie
Level 7
Message 3 of 7

Following your instructions, all i could see is configuration > server settings.

Screenshot 2020-04-15 at 8.57.54 AM.png

Screenshot 2020-04-15 at 8.58.15 AM.png

vivs
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Hello @yongjie 

It seems you are using ePO-Cloud.

AFAIK...

EPO cloud cannot be configured for ports change designed by default.

This feature is available in ePO-On prem.

However, You can raise a PER.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB60021

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Enterprise-Customer-Product/idb-p/business-ideas

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Why is this the answer?  EPO cannot possibly talk to clients on this port as they are behind firewalls and NAT'd.  Listening on port 8081 is only going to cause a problem with other software.

vivs
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

Hello @MrSmith3177 

Thanks for your response.

Client will communicate with the ePO whenever the normal ASCI will happen.

All the Wake-Up agent and Run Client Task now will not work when the machine is communicated through VPN.

Please refer the below KB article:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB58818&pmv=print

You can set up a scheduled task for deploying products and updates.  Behind a nat doesn't mean the agent can't talk to epo and get updates, tasks, etc.  It just means epo can't proactively send it wakeups, agent deployments (via the deploy agent function) or run client task now.  But it can receive scheduled tasks and run them on the schedule.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

While I understand your response, listening on port 8081 means I can't even run the EPO agent on any server that runs a web service on port 8081 and there are many.  This is incredibly poor design.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community