cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Installation of Endpoitn Security on Windows 10 1903.

Jump to solution
I have sever new PC's that come with Windows 10 ver 1903. I want to install endpoint security ver 10.6 to them, but I cant run the Stand Alone installer for 10.6.1.1087.8 because it says that it's not compatible with ver 1903. and I can't install the May Updates because it requires that there be a previous build available. So without using EPO, (These units will not be managed by the EPO server.) how can I install Endpoint Security to these PC's?
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 5

Re: Installation of Endpoitn Security on Windows 10 1903.

Jump to solution

@jeffbennett ENS 10.6.1 and 10.5.5 Full Installers with 1903 Support are targeted for release on June 27th, 2019 as announced today via KB91587. These details have been communicated via SNS and tracked weekly through communications and this article. Hold tight, we're almost there!

edit 6/25: This date changed from June 27th to July 2nd because it became apparent that ENS 10.6.1 May Update was impacted by a defect which could potentially result in a BSOD due to a specific situation in some environments. This defect would have also been present in the full installer release if it went out on the 27th. Engineering has made the necessary code change to correct the issue in the upcoming versions and will need to perform some additional validation cycles prior to release accommodating for this change. For more information regarding this issue, you can review KB91624.

While we understand additional delay is frustrating, this is to ensure a quality product is released, and McAfee engineering has made every effort to ensure this issue is addressed as efficiently as possible in order to get this in your hands. We know that the full installer will be very widely adopted due to its need, and we could not ship with the potential for this defect to be present as it would be a more negative experience than a <4 business day additional delay to the release.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

4 Replies
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Yes, you are in the same situation as the rest of us. You will have to wait until McAfee releases the full installer. Another option, is to deploy McAfee VirusScan 8.8 with Patch 13. This Patch 13, which came out last week, does support Windows 10 1903.

Luckily for me, I have already deployed the May update for ENS so any system, that is ePO managed, will be OK to upgrade to 1903. 

LV
Level 7
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution
I was tried deploy ENS before/after upgrade to windows 10 1903 on many systems but not success. Task log on ePO server and client show that software install complate, but no software installed. Are you has been forced remove ENS before upgrade windows to 1903?

Jump to solution

All of the previous versions of Endpoint Security with the exception of the May update, are not compatible with Windows 10 1903.  If you are upgrading from 1807 to 1903, you can install the May update hotfix to your EPO server, and then update your PC's to the newest version.  Once all installed modules have been updates with the May update, the 1903 upgrade proceeds without error.

McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

@jeffbennett ENS 10.6.1 and 10.5.5 Full Installers with 1903 Support are targeted for release on June 27th, 2019 as announced today via KB91587. These details have been communicated via SNS and tracked weekly through communications and this article. Hold tight, we're almost there!

edit 6/25: This date changed from June 27th to July 2nd because it became apparent that ENS 10.6.1 May Update was impacted by a defect which could potentially result in a BSOD due to a specific situation in some environments. This defect would have also been present in the full installer release if it went out on the 27th. Engineering has made the necessary code change to correct the issue in the upcoming versions and will need to perform some additional validation cycles prior to release accommodating for this change. For more information regarding this issue, you can review KB91624.

While we understand additional delay is frustrating, this is to ensure a quality product is released, and McAfee engineering has made every effort to ensure this issue is addressed as efficiently as possible in order to get this in your hands. We know that the full installer will be very widely adopted due to its need, and we could not ship with the potential for this defect to be present as it would be a more negative experience than a <4 business day additional delay to the release.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community