cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAP4 services

Dear All,

We have a weird situation. Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 Service would not start when McAfee ENS 10.7.1 is turned on. When we disable ENS, it starts fine. The same issue is not happening on the remaining servers, it occurs on a couple of boxes. However all of them are running with the same version of ENS which is ENS 10.7.1.

Any ideas?

Venu
6 Replies
Dayananda
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: IMAP4 services

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I think there is no firewall rule to allow IMAP service to start, so I suggest you to create a rule to allow  IMAP service to start.

You can do 2 things to resovle this.

Step 1)You can create a rule automatically by enabling adaptive mode to create a rule automatically to allow IMAP to start and then you can turn off the adaptive mode.

Step 2)You can create a rule manually to allow IMAP to run on the server. You can share the FW logs from the below location so that we can help you with the post.

C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Endpoint Security\Logs

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Daya

@Dayananda 

We do not have FW on the Exchange Servers, we only have TP. It was working fine until now, the issue started from yesterday, we have not made any changes.

When we turn off TP it works fine. We have many exchange servers but the issue is on a couple boxes, rest are all good. All the exchange serves are running on MA 5.6.5 and ENS 10.7 September update.

Venu
Dayananda
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Ok, this needs further investigation and isolation of the component so I suggest you create a service request with support so that we can help you with the troubleshooting steps and isolation of the component and help you with a solution.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Daya

@Dayananda Do you suggest if we need to finetune ATP by any chance?

Venu
Dayananda
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

Hello Naidu,

Thank you for your reply.

First, we need to know which feature of ENS is causing the problem then only we can suggest the next action plan. So I suggest you can log a ticket at support.mcafee.com so that support will contact you to collect logs and help you with the next plan of action.

I hope this helps.

Let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Daya

@Dayananda 

1. Removed ENS, rebooted the Server and still the IMAP4 Services were not started. While we tried to start the servie the below error message was captured.

The IMAP4 server can't find the configuration. The process failed to read the Exchange topology in the allotted time.

2. Removed McAfee Agent, rebooted the server, still the service wasn't started and while tried to start manually, the below error message was captured.

The IMAP4 server can't find the configuration. The process failed to read the Exchange topology in the allotted time.

3. Installed MA and ENS, asked to check the services, the issue persists with the same error.

Noticed the issue after the exchange server reboot and MS analyzed the exchange daily performance log and found that response time from a domain controller server was taking extreme long time, they suggested to exclude the domain controller server; but we rebooted the DC which eventually resolved the issue. It is not ENS or any of its modules.

Venu
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community