cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I like to have ENS engine 6100 into my EPO

Jump to solution
Although all computers installed with ENS would see 6100, I feel comfortable to have it
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Re: I like to have ENS engine 6100 into my EPO

Jump to solution

Engine 6000.8403.8403 is the latest engine version, so that's fine. But yes - the engine update on the system happens via AMCORE content now so you don't need to worry about it too much.

From the FAQ (KB86704):

The concept of engine updates has changed with AMCore technology; they are no longer separate packages from content. When AMCore content requires an update to any one of its engines used during scanning, the engine update is included in the V3 content update releases. Downgrading AMCore content would also downgrade an engine if not part of that older content.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Noted. Thank you.

4 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Do you mean 6010 engine?

It's important to note, ENS has an integrated engine. You can't update it separately like you could with VSE. It gets installed with the AMCORE updates.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

On my EPO dashboard,  I can see

AMcore Content Package DAT 3826.0
Engine                                        6000.8403.8403

So engine now included in DAT ie 3826.0, and I don't need to worry about the engine?

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Engine 6000.8403.8403 is the latest engine version, so that's fine. But yes - the engine update on the system happens via AMCORE content now so you don't need to worry about it too much.

From the FAQ (KB86704):

The concept of engine updates has changed with AMCore technology; they are no longer separate packages from content. When AMCore content requires an update to any one of its engines used during scanning, the engine update is included in the V3 content update releases. Downgrading AMCore content would also downgrade an engine if not part of that older content.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

Noted. Thank you.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community