cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to uninstall McAfee Endpoint Security Threat Prevention 5.0.4.283

Hi,

I work in a small company and our administration requested to change the McAfee products which are in use now, with another antivirus provider.

I have tried to uninstall McAfee products already installed on our computers and laptops but the packages are protected with a password. I have tried the default password which should be abcde12345 but is not working.

The previous IT Admin which work here before me is no longer with the company and I cannot find him. Also, because his relations with the company did not end really good, I do not think he will be a real help.

All that I want is to avoid reformatting and reinstalling the OS and software packages which we use usually, the main reason is because there are a lot of different configurations and driver packages (the company did not use one computer brand, it is a mix of them).

I have tried to find a backup which does not have McAfee installed but no success.

Any idea?

6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: How to uninstall McAfee Endpoint Security Threat Prevention 5.0.4.283

try using the password mcafee

Highlighted

Thanks for your reply. Indeed that is the password.

Unfortunately, now I have another problem, uninstall process is working up to 99% when it stops for 10-15 seconds and it cancel by itself.

It has no errors, no messages, nothing. I have tried on a couple of different laptops, same thing ...

Highlighted

do force uninstall on Agent first..

Highlighted

McAfee Agent is uninstalled, but I have the same issue with Endpoint Security.

I have discovered also that on some machines, probably by mistake, users removed C:\ProgramData\McAfeeTmpInstall_Web Control files and Endpoint Security Web Control cannot be removed.

File necessary for uninstalling the program are missing.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 7

"File necessary for uninstalling the program are missing."

The simplest way is to reinstall to put back the files for the uninstall.

Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 7 of 7

Contact McAfee support to provide you with MFERemoval tool, using the tool you can remove all ENS and agent same time.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community