Did you mean: 
Ulfat
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

How to replace McAfee VirusScan Enterprise by McAfee Endpoint Security

Jump to solution

Hi Mcafee Support Team,

I got link from Mcafee web site that McAfee VirusScan Enterprise has been replaced by McAfee Endpoint Security.

Right now in our environment Mcafee Agent 5.0 and VisrusScan Enterprise 8.8 is installed in our user computers and we have EPO 5.10 server.

I need your kind suggestion should we replace McAfee VirusScan Enterprise by McAfee Endpoint Security if Mcafee VirusScan enterprise rich to its end of life.

If replacement is recommended I need your kind support to give the procedure how to replace in easy steps.

Regards,

Ulfat Hussain

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How to replace McAfee VirusScan Enterprise by McAfee Endpoint Security

Jump to solution

Hey Ulfat,

I am not a McAfee employee but have done the same thing in our environment recently.

Take a look at the McAfee Endpoint Upgrade Assistant. It works fine.

It can migrate your VSE Policys to. 

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi @Ulfat 

Indeed ENS is replacing Virusscan. We have a few tools which will help you with the migration. One is the migration assistant, to migrate your policies and the other is the upgrade assistant which will help upgrade the clients.

You can find a lot of information on this tool in this article:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB88141

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
6 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hey Ulfat,

I am not a McAfee employee but have done the same thing in our environment recently.

Take a look at the McAfee Endpoint Upgrade Assistant. It works fine.

It can migrate your VSE Policys to. 

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi @Ulfat 

Indeed ENS is replacing Virusscan. We have a few tools which will help you with the migration. One is the migration assistant, to migrate your policies and the other is the upgrade assistant which will help upgrade the clients.

You can find a lot of information on this tool in this article:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB88141

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
Ulfat
Level 7
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi Chealey,

Thanks for your reply,

There are two separate Tools which help us to migrate and upgrade so the question is as per best practice which tool should run first Endpoint Migration Assistant to migrate policy OR Endpoint Upgrade Assistant to upgrade client ?

Regards,

Ulfat Hussain

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution
You don't have to use the Migration Assistant. But if you want to use your VSE policies then you can migrate them using that tool. It's not mandatory.

If you use the Upgrade Assistant to update the systems, then the systems will get the ENS policies you've defined in ePO. If those policies are default policies, then you are likely to see some issues. So before updating the systems, it would be best to configure the policies. If that is from scratch or by migrating your VSE policies, that is up to you.
Was my reply helpful?
Ulfat
Level 7
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi Chealey,

Thank you,

We are not using VSE default policy and we want what policy we created for VSE should use for Endpoint Security so in this case what is your recommendation

Step1: Do we migrate VSE Policy first using Endpoint Migration Assistant?

Step2: After successful Policy migration then using Upgrade Assistant to update the systems

Regards,

Ulfat Hussain

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Yes, these steps are correct.

Was my reply helpful?
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community