cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jselph17
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 13

How to install McAfee Endpoint Security Standalone?

I'm trying to download a standalone McAfee Endpoint Security version from the Department of Defense repository. My work network isn't connected to the internet so I'm having to do it via a computer than is connected to the internet, burn the software to a disc, then install it on the target computer. My network uses the McAfee ePO, but the specific computer I'm trying to download ENS can't be connected to the network at the moment for security reasons.

Basically, I need something I can download to a disc that I can install on that offline computer and scan for malware. I downloaded ENS from the DoD repository, but whenever I run SetupEN nothing happens. I click it and it does nothing. Is there something I can do?

I just need some type of standalone scanner I can use on this offline computer to make sure it's safe to connect the network.

12 Replies
NagendraPrabu
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 13

Re: How to install McAfee Endpoint Security Standalone?

Hi @Jselph17 ,

Greetings!

To install ENS standalone, please visit the below website and login with Grant# and email address

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-in/downloads/my-products.html

One logged in, type "Endpoint" in the search tab. You will be able to find McAfee Endpoint security 10.7

Click on that, then from left hand side, sort by Installation.

You will find standalone installation package. I have added screenshot for your reference.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!
Jselph17
Level 9
Message 3 of 13

I don't have a grant number. To download AV products, DoD employees can go to the DoD repository of their respective branch and just download the files. I've downloaded the ENS file, but I can't figure out how to install it. SetupEN.exe doesn't work. 

ktankink
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 13

Hi @Jselph17 You will need to contact whoever manages the DoD repository on your end to determine if they have a copy of the ENS Standalone package.  The ENS Standalone package filename will be something like McAfee_Endpoint_Security_<versionnumber>_standalone_client_install.Zip (e.g., McAfee_Endpoint_Security_10.7.0.812.4_standalone_client_install.Zip).  The ENS installer from that package will be SetupEP.exe.

Jselph17
Level 9
Message 5 of 13

That's the exact file I downloaded from the DoD repository. However, when I try to run SetupEP.exe nothing at all happens. I run it as administrator and a loading circle appears next to the cursor for a second and nothing. Any idea what's going on? 

Edit: No errors are given. It's just like nothing happens at all when I run it as administrator. 

NagendraPrabu
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 13

Hi @Jselph17,

Thanks for the post!

Could you please specify the complete build/package of ENS from the DoD repository.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!
Jselph17
Level 9
Message 7 of 13

The version is 10.7.0.824.9

NagendraPrabu
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 13

Hi @Jselph17,

Thanks for the post!

Frankly speaking, there could be multiple reasons why you are unable to run the file from the repository.

For ex: You might not have admin rights to run the package, the package download was not complete or it was corrupted.

Since the issue is not predictable, I suggest you to raise a support ticket to check this. 

Was my reply helpful?

pd
Level 7
Message 9 of 13

if I install using the standalone version of ENS, can I till manage that endpoint with epo (will it call home?). The Mcafee agent is already installed on my endpoints

ktankink
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 13

Hi @pd The McAfee Agent will be installed whether the system is managed via ePO or not.  The McAfee Agent can be in standalone or managed-mode (a subsystem of the Agent which communicates to/from the ePO server or Agent Handler.

If you've installed the McAfee Agent in managed-mode (e.g., the Agent package from an ePO server), then you can still manage ENS if you use the Standalone installer package.  

If you have a system without the Agent installed, and install the ENS Standalone package on the system, you will still see the McAfee Agent installed, but it's not in managed-mode that will connect to an ePO server/Agent Handler.  The standalone Agent will still perform Content Update and other tasks for the ENS client.  If you want the system to be managed by an ePO/Agent Handler, then you could install the McAfee Agent (installer obtained from your ePO server) on that system to switch from standalone to ePO-managed mode.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community