cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How do I know if outlook attachments are being scanned by McAfee

Jump to solution
So here is my n00b question. We have ENS ATP installed, as well as DXL and I cannot find ANY reference to whether these things protect Outlook clients and scan attachments. How do I tell if the Outlook protection is enabled and what is turned on/off for it? I used to do McAfee admin stuff a while ago, and back then there was a seperate product that showed up as an Outlook add in. Does it still, or how does it work these days? I have looked everywhere I could think of in ePO and on the support site, but I am just stumped and mightily puzzled. So as a n00b I am hoping the community can help me out on this. Thanks, Dan Sichel
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: How do I know if outlook attachments are being scanned by McAfee

Jump to solution

On-access scan has the 'Detect suspicious email attachments' option, which may be what you need.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

On-access scan has the 'Detect suspicious email attachments' option, which may be what you need.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution
Thank you for answering this. I am sorry, but I marked it solved before hitting the kudos button, not knowing I would be blocked from doing that. I really appreciate your concise answer and I apologize for not being able to give you kudos for it.
Highlighted

Jump to solution
oops, never mind about no kudos, , I found out how to do it. Thanks again!
Dan Sichel
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community