cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JCR
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Having issues with EPO, so how do I install Endpoint Security Manually?

We are running an outdated version of EPO which states the push to agent of Endpoint Security is sucessfull, but on the agent it never gets installed. Since this is a non-supported version of EPO, assistance from McAfee is limited, and I need to get this PC deployed today. Anyone know how I can manually install the EPP on the PC without using the EPO?

4 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor denn
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Having issues with EPO, so how do I install Endpoint Security Manually?

if you talking about ENS 10.5 it simple to instlall. Just go to support.mcafee.com download packages for ENS, Plafrom, Threat Prevention and firewall. After download unzip files and run SetupCC.exe, SetupFW.exe, SetupTP.exe

Actually, you don't have to run all those separate installers, Simply running  setupEP.exe will launch a very lovely wizzard. You can simply check the components you want to install. 

You can even use the wizard in a script.

It's as simple as 123!

1) Agree to the License,

2) Check or uncheck the products you want

3) Click Install

Tags (1)
Reliable Contributor denn
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

setupEP.exe for standalone use or for ePO management ?

Where to find tihs setupEP.exe ?

If you have ePO and it is connected to the Internet, you can get the stand alone package from the Software Manager. 

1) Go to Licensed Products

2) Select Your ENS Version

3) In the bottom pane, find "Endpoint Security Stand Alone Install, and click the download button.

4) Explode this zip file to a SharePoint or folder on your target system and run the setupEP.exe

All three basic installers are included, Threat Prevention, Firewall, and Web Control,

You can use this package for both managed and unmanaged.. To make it managed, you just need to install the managed Framework agent you created from your epo server. That's it!

If you don't have the software manager, you can get it from https://secure.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/downloads/my-products.html

Provided you have a valid grant #.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community