cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing "mfeatp" application (0xc0000409) - cause?

Looks like my Threat Prevention module keeps crashing and is being restarted on one of my control systems workstations. Every few hours / days the following event is logged (it always fails with the same 0xc0000409 exception code):

Faulting application name: mfeatp.exe, version: 10.7.0.2329, time stamp: 0x5f3fd043
Faulting module name: DeepRem.dll, version: 20.3.0.74, time stamp: 0x5e7e0276
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x0000000000099cf4
Faulting process id: 0x1828
Faulting application start time: 0x01d73dc7b4c9dd7f
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\McAfee\Endpoint Security\Adaptive Threat Protection\mfeatp.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\McAfee\Endpoint Security\Adaptive Threat Protection\DeepRem.dll
Report Id: aa2fc24c-5bde-4ef6-8e52-ff1bf0f8bec7
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Does anyone have an idea what could the root cause be or if there is a know workaround?

I would rather avoid reinstalling it at the moment.

1 Reply
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Failing "mfeatp" application (0xc0000409) - cause?

Hello @Eradicated 

Thanks for your post.

I would suggest you to please open a Service Request with Support with the error posted.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community