Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HS
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Failed to start McAfee Endpoint Security Platform for Linux

Greetings,

I'm running a POC to Endpoint for Linux. My OS is Operating System: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.0 (Ootpa)
CPE OS Name: cpe:/o:redhat:enterprise_linux:8.0:GA
Kernel: Linux 4.18.0-80.el8.x86_64
Architecture: x86-64

I'm facing several issues to start the service.

I've install the ENS for linux and the service never start.

Can't found logs at /opt/isec/ens/threatprevention/var/isecoasmgr.log 

I'm working with ePO 5.10 and 

McAfee Endpoint Security for Linux Threat Prevention 10.6.3 build 125; 

McAfee Endpoint Security Kernel Modules for Linux 10.6.3 build 129;

McAfee Agent for LINUX 5.6.1 build 157 ;

McAfee Agent key updater 5.6.1 build 157.

When I've try to start the service show up the following message:

[root@redhat var]# systemctl start isecespd.service
Job for isecespd.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status isecespd.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
[root@redhat var]#

[root@redhat var]# systemctl status isecespd.service
● isecespd.service - McAfee Endpoint Security Platform for Linux
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/isecespd.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2019-07-08 15:18:05 WEST; 7min ago
Docs: man:isecespd(8)
Process: 9840 ExecStartPost=/bin/sleep 2 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 9839 ExecStart=/opt/isec/ens/esp/bin/isecespd (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)
Process: 9835 ExecStartPre=/opt/isec/ens/esp/bin/prepISecESP.sh systemd (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 9839 (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)

Jul 08 15:17:59 redhat systemd[1]: isecespd.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Jul 08 15:17:59 redhat systemd[1]: Failed to start McAfee Endpoint Security Platform for Linux.
Jul 08 15:18:05 redhat systemd[1]: isecespd.service: Service RestartSec=5s expired, scheduling restart.
Jul 08 15:18:05 redhat systemd[1]: isecespd.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
Jul 08 15:18:05 redhat systemd[1]: Stopped McAfee Endpoint Security Platform for Linux.
Jul 08 15:18:05 redhat systemd[1]: isecespd.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Jul 08 15:18:05 redhat systemd[1]: isecespd.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Jul 08 15:18:05 redhat systemd[1]: Failed to start McAfee Endpoint Security Platform for Linux.
[root@redhat var]#

2 Replies
patrakshar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Failed to start McAfee Endpoint Security Platform for Linux

@HS RHEL 8.0 with that specific kernel supported from 10.6.6 version only. Please check https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/endpoint-security-10.6.6-threat-prevention-release-notes-linux/page/G...

You can download and install the 10.6.6 and that should resolve the problem.

AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Re: Failed to start McAfee Endpoint Security Platform for Linux

Hi @HS,

Excellent post. Kindly please follow what @patrakshar has guided you to do.

Our humble request is that you post in this forum: https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Mac-and-Linux-Products/bd-p/mac-and-linux if you have any queries regarding our Linux or Mac products as it helps in gaining attention of Linux and Mac experts subscribed to that forum.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community