Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ChrisQ
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Extensions for Endpoint security for mac

Jump to solution

In the recent update, there was a new extension for Linux (10.6.7.101) to go with the new Linux client (10.6.7.118), but nothing for Mac. 

My Endpoint Security for Mac License Extension is 10.6.1.106 but the client is now 10.6.7.108. Should there be an extension for this version?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Re: Extensions for Endpoint security for mac

Jump to solution

Macintosh support previously required a separate, dedicated extension, but ENS 10.1 onwards TP extensions can manage both MAC and windows clients.

This also means that the Policy and task enforcement for both platforms is managed by a shared UI rather than having dedicated Windows and Macintosh policy and task types with separate management UI’s.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Please check the Release Notes for the versions of extensions you need to manage the latest version of ENSM: https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/endpoint-security-v10-6-x-update-1105-release-notes/resource/PD28276....

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
ChrisQ
Level 9
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

This document doesn't mention anything above 10.6.1 

As I said, there was a new extension for Linux (also not mentioned in the document) but not one for Mac, is there any documentation that covers what extensions 10.6.7 needs?

McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Extensions are not dependent on the Operating system, installing the latest version of Extensions should work

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
ChrisQ
Level 9
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

10.6.7 is not the operating system, it's the latest version of Endpoint Security for Mac. 

The latest Linux version (of endpoint security for Linux) is also 10.6.7 and a new extension Endpoint Security for Linux License Version: 10.6.7.101 was released.

OK, so the only ENS product that hasn't had an extension update since April is the Mac version, and that's correct?

McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

@ChrisQ 

Thank you for marking the answer as solution and closing the thread. This will help other users with similar question to find answer

Was my reply helpful?
McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Macintosh support previously required a separate, dedicated extension, but ENS 10.1 onwards TP extensions can manage both MAC and windows clients.

This also means that the Policy and task enforcement for both platforms is managed by a shared UI rather than having dedicated Windows and Macintosh policy and task types with separate management UI’s.

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community