cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exploit Prevention conflict with Adobe Reader DC Protected Mode

Jump to solution
Start from today 10/July/2019, numeric of our users reported they got a Adobe Reader Protected Mode message which said cannot open in Protected Mode due to incompatibility. We can select "Always open with Protected Mode disabled" and open PDF file. Tested to disable Threat Prevention feature one by one and identified this is related to "Exploit Prevention" feature. PDF open with Protected Mode if this Exploit Prevention" feature is disabled. Please advise if this is related McAfee update or related to Adobe Reader DC update itself ? And any alternative or workaround on this ? Thanks.
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: Exploit Prevention conflict with Adobe Reader DC Protected Mode

Jump to solution

Can you please check if this is relevant to you? - you'll also see a workaround mentioned:

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Endpoint-Security-ENS/ENS-July-full-installer-prevents-Adobe-reader-...

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi all - KB91657 has now been published for this issue.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
5 Replies
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Can you please check if this is relevant to you? - you'll also see a workaround mentioned:

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Endpoint-Security-ENS/ENS-July-full-installer-prevents-Adobe-reader-...

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

Thanks Chealey ! Not aware already posted by others on same topic.

I already excluded Adobe Reader from Exploit Prevention protection rule. Please advise how I can track the status if this is fixed by new release update coming soon ?

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

I encourage you to raise an SR with support so that we can officially track it and we can pass your data on to our engineering team to help them with their investigation as well.

Was my reply helpful?
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Noted. Will do. And thanks again !

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi all - KB91657 has now been published for this issue.

Was my reply helpful?
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community