cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excluding only subfolders but not the files from Scanning on Endpoint Security Threat Prevention

Hi

I need to excluded all sub-folders in a directory but not the files.  For example:

• C:\Dir1\Example.zip  --> Not Excluding any files only in C:\DIr1
  • C:\Dir1\Folder1\Test.txt --> excluded
  • C:\Dir1\Folder2\Test2.txt --> excluded
  • C:\DIr1\Folder1\Folder3\Test3.txt --> Excluded

Currently I have the exclusion setup in the policy as

• C:\DIr1\*\ with "Exclude Subefolders" checked

Is this correct? If not how would I do this?

I am using Endpoint Security 10.5 and configuring this on EPO 5.3.0

3 Replies
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Excluding only subfolders but not the files from Scanning on Endpoint Security Threat Prevention

Moved to Endpoint Security

Highlighted

Re: Excluding only subfolders but not the files from Scanning on Endpoint Security Threat Prevention

You can also exclude:

C:\Dir1\**.zip (it will exclude all zip files on Dir1)

Regards,

Wilfredo

Reliable Contributor tao
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Here's a good reference point: McAfee Corporate KB - How to manage file and folder exclusions in VirusScan Enterprise 8.x using wil...

A single asterisk (*) wildcard can be used to denote single directory names.  While double asterisks (**) allow a wider folder exclusion called a Multiple Depth Exclusion. These are exclusions where the same target folder name may occur multiple times in subfolders originating from a common folder.

Both * & ** are followed by a folder name ... Great way of testing any type of exclusion is with the EICAR file: McAfee Corporate KB - How to use the EICAR anti-malware test file with McAfee products KB59742

If this information was helpful or has answered your question, please select Accept as Solution. This will assist other memebers
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator