Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cybercop
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Exchange Server with MSME - Installation of ENS ATP - Exclusions

I intend to install ENS ATP on our Exchange servers. The Exchange server Function is protected by McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange. Apart from the usual Microsoft Server and Exchange exclusions, is there anything else I should think about when installing ENS especially with MSME in mind?

1 Reply
AjaySundar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Exchange Server with MSME - Installation of ENS ATP - Exclusions

Hi @cybercop,

Good day to you!

So you are currently using MSME on the server and would like to install the McAfee ENS ATP as well.

The McAfee ATP requires the Threat prevention module to be installed on the machine as it is a prerequisite. Threat prevention intercepts all the I/O calls and scans them so we would recommend excluding file/folders/processes related to MSME excluded under Threat prevention.

You should be listing the process related to MSME and exchange server related as low risk and under file/folder exclusions. The exclusions added under the Threat prevention will be honored by the ATP hence a separate set of exclusion is not required for ATP.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51471

Once ATP is installed, we would recommend setting up the ATP in observe mode so you can understand what activities are triggered and tweak the ATP policies accordingly.

.I hope this helps, let me know if you have any further queries.

Regards,

AJ

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community