cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on servers when installing ENS

Hi All,

I am getting an error when installing the McAfee ENS on some servers. I am getting the messages from the McAfee_MfeEpAac_xxxxxx.log and after that, the installation will not continue.  Given that this exit status is successful and the installation did not continue, I will really appreciate if anyone can give me some idea on what to look for if someone has already experienced this issue and was able to resolve it. 

Error logs When McAfee ENS is not being installed:

04-27 23:32:12 [08524] args: valid=0x00000001 add=True DelContent=False:<null>
04-27 23:32:12 [08524] AAC is not installed on the box, no exclusion is needed!
04-27 23:32:12 [08524] Exit: Success

I am also seeing this error from the uninstall logs. vse8.8.0.core_uninstall_042721_232900.log

[23:29:46:700] - ERROR! MMS Service mfevtp could not be enabledGetLastError=1060

[23:29:46:710] - ERROR! ConfigureServiceStart: Failed to set start value to 2. GetLastError=5

2 Replies
Pravas
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Error on servers when installing ENS

Hi @cgssierra,

The errors posted here are generic and doesn't give us enough details.

You may also try to use EPR tool and then try a re-install.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB90895

If the issue persists, please log a ticket with Support.

Thanks

Re: Error on servers when installing ENS

Hi @Pravas ,

The McAfee VSE has already been uninstalled during the McAfee ENS installations. I am assuming that the McAfee installations package does use the EPR?  Please also take note that this happens on different servers with different Windows versions i.e. 2008-r2, 2012-r2 etc..

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community