Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chez
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Endpoint security not updating

I had a problem after updating Enterprise to Endpoint Security. It would not antivirus update manually or via a schedule. This was fixed by following

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB94895&actp=null&viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_U...

However, I have just come across more standalones that dont work after following the above.

Basically it states uninstall framepkg_upd and install new one via McAfee Agent MA573WIN.zip.

Previously I searched in C: for framepkg_upd, it was found uninstalled installed etc and updates worked. On these latest computers search doesn't find framepkg_upd.

So do I just install framepkg_upd from MA573WIN.zip??

5 Replies
Pravas
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: Endpoint security not updating

Hi @Chez ,

Thank you for your post. Yes, you may manually install & later uninstall as mentioned in the KB.

Standalone Agents:

• Agents not managed by any ePO solution need to be manually remediated by uninstalling and reinstalling the agent. 

Thanks

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Chez
Level 7
Message 3 of 6

Hi. I searched the computer for framepkg_upd.exe but it wasn't found. So I completed the start framepkg_upd.exe using the .exe from MA574WIN.zip and it stated that it had installed all ok. But endpoint security still fails to update either manually or via a schedule. This is happening on 3 computers.

Saif_f
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Chez ,

Thank you for your post. I would recommend to try installing root certificates on the affected machines following instructions from below KB and then check if DAT/AMCore updates.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91697

If this issue continues, then kindly raise a case with McAfee support so that we can investigate this problem.

To create a Service Request, log on to the ServicePortal:
  • If you are a registered user, type your User ID and Password, and then click Log In.
  • If you are not a registered user, click Register and complete the fields. Your password and instructions are emailed to you.

Kind Regards,

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and give a Kudo, together we can help other members.

Chez
Level 7
Message 5 of 6

Is there something simple stopping ENS from updating. I've had to do 8 standalone computers and 5 worked fine. Updated from VSE to ENS and can update manually and via a schedule ok. The other 3 just wont update even after the framepkg_upd.exe fix or the certificates fix. 

Chez
Level 7
Message 6 of 6

Does anyone have anymore suggestions??

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community