Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Danny2
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Endpoint install on new build Win10 1903

Jump to solution
Hi, so is there a standalone Endpoint 10.6 version available to install on a clean build of Win10 v1903? I understand about having a specific Endpoint version installed on 1809 before upgrading to 1903, but what about a fresh 1903 build? Thanks.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Re: Endpoint install on new build Win10 1903

Jump to solution

Update:

The current status of the 10.6.1 Monthly Update which will include a full installer with 1903 compatibility can be tracked here: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91587

You can subscribe to the article to receive email notifications when it's updated.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
4 Replies
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

McAfee has stated that there should be a full install of ENS that supports 1903 around June 11th. The only thing that is available to support 1903 is the May update. This will have to be pushed to systems prior to them upgrading to 1903. 

Spent most of yesterday deploying this May update to all our systems, over 1500. That way if they update to 1903 then ENS won't be removed by the upgrade.

I have already had abut 5 systems that are no unprotected due to them upgrading to 1903 before I had the time to deploy this May update. This means that these systems will have to wait until the ENS full install around June 11th. 

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

11th of June is no longer the release date. Currently it is targeted for June but we do not have a confirmation date.

As @twenden already advised, fresh installations are not possible at this time. You would need to upgrade the systems to the ENS May Update prior to upgrading them to 1903 version.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Update:

The current status of the 10.6.1 Monthly Update which will include a full installer with 1903 compatibility can be tracked here: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91587

You can subscribe to the article to receive email notifications when it's updated.

Was my reply helpful?
Danny2
Level 7
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Thanks chealey.  My angle was I have some new systems to roll out and I didn't want to waste time building 1809, then upgrading to 1903 if I could just build 1903 first. The work around of ensuring the necessary version of Endpoint on 1809 before the upgrade to 1903 has worked for me. I'm looking forward to when I wont have to do that 🙂

Appreciate the response, thanks.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator