Highlighted
Reliable Contributor vandreytrindade
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Endpoint Upgrade Assistant

Jump to solution

Hi,

After testing on some machines the Endpoint Security replacing the VirusScan 8.8 on some of our Windows 10 machines, I've decided to apply that change on some others machines of my organization.

I have used the Endpoint Upgrade Assistant. It says it failed in 99% of the upgrades, only 1 installed correctly.

I have checked some machines and on ePO they report to have McAfee Agent installed and DXL_____1000 (Data Exchange Layer?). VirusScan was removed correctly of them, but no sign of the ENS...

Is ePO still doing the migration? Maybe installing that DXL is just a part of the process?

Att,
Vandrey Trindade
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Re: Endpoint Upgrade Assistant

Jump to solution

@vandreytrindade Gotcha! Definitely appreciate when threads are kept up to date as it helps anyone who may have the same questions.

I'll be honest---as you know, the holidays means lots of varied schedules and PTO, so I wouldn't be surprised if this had a factor into your two posts falling through the cracks Smiley Sad Please don't hesitate to continue to reach out via the forums for any assistance needed in the future, though! You can also direct message me via the forums if for some reason you find a post is distended.

You're welcome. Happy New Year!

5 Replies
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

One more successful after 1 hour or more =/

Some machines have this file:

C:\Program Files\McAfee\Endpoint Security\Threat Prevention\MfeDriverUpgradeHelper.exe

I suppose that something will happen sometime... But is there a way to "rush" that process on a specific machine?

Att,
Vandrey Trindade
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi, since I got no repy here and no solution using the Service Request, I decided to install ENS manually on all my work machines... Sad but true.

Att,
Vandrey Trindade
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

@vandreytrindade I sincerely apologize that your post here on the Community forums was overlooked. We do strive to ensure that every post gets a response, and we clearly failed to get to yours.

In regards to your Service Request, would you please provide me with the SR number so I can follow up and determine what has occurred there to prevent you from getting the assistance that you needed?

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

@jess_arman,

Hi! No problem! My reply was more to update the status...

I just found it rare since I posted two different things and none of them were answered lol

I thought that I was blocked or something =p

The SR is this 4-19517778271. Some guy replied to me by mail in portuguese but maybe he is on vacation... I just replied the mail saying that he can close the SR.

I don't think there's no need to look it up since I'm doing it manually now.

Thanks anyway =]

I really appreciate your answer and attention!

Att,
Vandrey Trindade
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

@vandreytrindade Gotcha! Definitely appreciate when threads are kept up to date as it helps anyone who may have the same questions.

I'll be honest---as you know, the holidays means lots of varied schedules and PTO, so I wouldn't be surprised if this had a factor into your two posts falling through the cracks Smiley Sad Please don't hesitate to continue to reach out via the forums for any assistance needed in the future, though! You can also direct message me via the forums if for some reason you find a post is distended.

You're welcome. Happy New Year!

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.