cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Endpoint Security issues after update

Hi! Im on ePo 5.10, with agent 5.6 and yesterday update some extensions (endpoint security platform, endpoint security threat prevention). All was working find and suddenly, i get a pop up with a message telling me that I dont have any active antivirus. When i check my agent, i see the mcafee icon with an exclamation and with "a problem is detected". When i check it, i can see "Problem: Real time scanning not respond. Problem: Exploit prevention is disabled. Problem: Scriptscan is disabled."

So i check the configuration and on endpoint security and find that, inside threat prevention, scriptscan and exploits prevention are enabled although it said that was disabled and in real time scan i see "Error to load configuration".

I try  uninstalling the new extensions, installing the former and reinstalling the agent but i still getting the same error on all the machines with epo agent. 

Thoughts?

Thanks.

6 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: Endpoint Security issues after update

What version of product do you have installed on the endpoints? Did you upgrade the endpoints or just the extensions in ePO? If you updated the products were the endpoints rebooted since then?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
Highlighted

ENDPOINT

Mcafee Agent 5.61.157

Endpoint Security 10.6

REPOSITORY 

Endpoint Security Platform 10.6.1.1124 with hotfix 190212

Endpoint Security Threat Prevention 10.6.1 1208 with hotfix 190212

EXTENSIONS

Endpoint Security Platform 10.6.1.1085

Endpoint Security Threat prevention 10.6.1.1058

I updated the extensions and the packages on the principal repository, but when it fails, i restore the previous version on the repository, which dont work. I uninstall and install again the old versions of the extensions, without any effect.

The clients  where rebooted without eny effect too.

I already check the database connection with /core/config and seems fine in first sight

Im really lost on this, some thoughts?

Thanks.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Can you check C:\windows\Temp\McAfeeLogs folder and see if there are any new installation log? Mostly HF got deployed automatically by daily update task. 

Highlighted

Checking the McAfeeLogs folder i see some logs of errors when trying to install the hotfix package, due to "installation failed!! return code : 1642" Which seems to mean something like "the software that you want to update is not found", but is installed on the machine.

I can see the log of the Thread Prevention install too of 2 days ago, the day that i make the update.

Something specific that i need to look??

Maybe is something recommended to clean all the extensions and packages and install them again? 

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

Might be worth getting on a remote with Support. Seems like you may have a few issues that need looking into, it's quite hard to hazard a guess via the community channel for this.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
Highlighted

We are on a closed enviroment so cannot have remote support.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community