cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Endpoint Security in Locked environment

Dear mcafee, 

We have a customer using a locked down environment using Endpoint Security with ATP / DXL.

The design is setup accordantly and all nodes are managed. They receive amCore content updates successffuly on daily basis and we make sure that we monitor content updates since it is a crucial part.

I'm at the point where I need to compare what functionality Of ENS/Atp that might not work properly and what works. I have pretty good idea/overview but I want to review it again.
Since it will lean entirely on local AmcOre for signatures and DAC in ATP what functions might we not rely on entirely that is need for internet connection ? Thinking if it is necessary to shut down certain function in Oas policy of there is no internet connection, Like "McAfee GTI, Enable Mcfee GTI" in In-Access policy for Threat prevention. Etc etc.

Please feel free to reference to KB that might help in above case for a summarization.  

Br

1 Reply
Rfranci
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Endpoint Security in Locked environment

Hi @th3stinger ,

Thank you for reaching us on community!

If there is no internet connectivity on the machine, ENS would not be able to do GTI query (ENS TP and ENS ATP )and real protect cloud scanning (ENS ATP).

If the machine is not connected to the organization network, ENS ATP will not be able to connect with TIE, ATD and EPO.

Hope that helps.

- Rohit Francis

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community