Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
it1024
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

Endpoint Security full scan task to run on NOT scanned devices

Jump to solution

We have got Full Scan task to be run on a schedule and we want to run the missed task some days later. For example we would like to fully scan each system once a week and the task runs on Wednesday and we would like it to run on NOT scanned systems on the next Saturday. Is it possible to exclude scanned systems from being scanned again?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

Re: Endpoint Security full scan task to run on NOT scanned devices

Jump to solution

@it1024 @kippe You could start by creating a modified version of process outlined in KB86702 for reporting about ODS Scan complete, modifying it to be a not type statement, and then having a scheduled Server Task which would then tag the systems who have not reported as scanned with a tag that has a run once ODS task assignment associated so the scan will kick off automatically, on a schedule, based on when you run the query through your Server Task.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

9 Replies
ChrisQ
Level 9
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

Have you looked at creating a query to show machines with an on-demand full scan date that is over 3 days old, and applying the Saturday task to machines on that list?

it1024
Level 10
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

@ChrisQ 

Thank you so much for your reply. It is very helpful. However it would be appreciated if you let me know how it is possible to automate this process. Because the query is made and produces the needed report and I have to manually assign a task to the systems in this report but it would be very nice if it is automated.

Thank you in advance.

ChrisQ
Level 9
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

There are probably other ways to do it, but I would create the query and a tag, then a server task to run the query with a sub action of applying the tag. I'd then do a new client task assignment to run the Saturday scan but only apply it to machines with the tag.

You'd probably need to have another query and task to remove the tag from machines that have successfully scanned, but that's pretty easy too, as you can have a sub action to remove a tag.

As I said, there are probably better ways to do this, and it would need testing and altering to suit your environment, but this would work.

it1024
Level 10
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

@ChrisQ 

Thank you so much for your solution.

It seems perfect but my problem is that when I create a personal query and run it in a server task then sub tasks are limited to three tasks only! "Email File" , "Export to File" , and "Run External Command" and cannot run a tagging task! To me there is no way to edit or add filter to built in tasks, is there?

ChrisQ
Level 9
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

Make sure the query is created in System Management, Systems and is a List table. You should then get more options

kippe
Level 7
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

I would like to know the method for this process also.

Betta fish can follow a number of different foods.
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

@it1024 @kippe You could start by creating a modified version of process outlined in KB86702 for reporting about ODS Scan complete, modifying it to be a not type statement, and then having a scheduled Server Task which would then tag the systems who have not reported as scanned with a tag that has a run once ODS task assignment associated so the scan will kick off automatically, on a schedule, based on when you run the query through your Server Task.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Highlighted
ChrisQ
Level 9
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

@ChrisQ I did, thank you! I'll edit the post now also so my link works 😛

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community