cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Endpoint Security console does not open and PowerShell interface hangs

I am having the same issue as mentioned in KB92878 on several of our servers. Could you please provide me the hotfix as mentioned in the KB? Thank you.
2 Replies
ryadav1
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Endpoint Security console does not open and PowerShell interface hangs

Hello , 

Like mentioned in the KB , the Hotfix is Released to Support (RTS) . Kindly raise a Service request portal to the McAfee Technical Support and they shall provide you one .

Thank you 

Re: Endpoint Security console does not open and PowerShell interface hangs

Hello.
I am user of McAfee Endpoint Security 10.7.0.

The problem is that my Powershell scripts are hung randomly at start. Simple code examples to repeat this situations are:
for /l %x in (1, 1, 100) do powershell.exe 'echo %x' - for CMD
for ($i=0; $i -le 100; $i=$i+1) {invoke-expression "powershell.exe 'echo $i'"} - for PowerShell
Moreover starting CMD from PowerShell or runnung Powershell commands in one session doesn't hang any process.

I have installed 10.7.0 February 2021 KB82450 with next component versions:
Endpoint Security Platform 10.7.0.2421
Adaptive Threat Protection 10.7.0.2714
Threat Prevention 10.7.0.2522
Firewall 10.7.0.1686
Web Control 10.7.0.2080
All these components have "None" in "Hotfix number" and "Patch version" fields.

I hoped that Adaptive Threat Protection patch for issue ENSW-108097 will resolve my problem, but it doesn't. This issue has next description: "Resolves a deadlock in McAfee® Endpoint Security Adaptive Threat Protection (ATP) when Story Graph feature is enabled. Side effects of this deadlock are PowerShell not running, McAfee® Endpoint Security console not opening and so on".
Switching off the Story Graph Feature and/or disabling ATP with successive Windows restart had no effect on the problem.
My OS type is: 64-bit Windows 10 Pro 20H2 with build 19042.804. Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community