cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Endpoint Security Threat Prevention for Linux 10.7.5

Jump to solution

ENSL TP is not installing on my linux test system. I receive a failed install and asked to look at the logs, but I don't have access to those logs since I am not the owner of this particular system. I will have to wait until the person comes back. 

I am wondering if perhaps I am missing something? The system currently has TP 10.6.13 and platforms 10.6.13. I uploaded the license, kernel and TP for 10.7.5, Do I need another version of platforms? I uploaded the windows version of 10.7, but not sure if that is what I need. I don't see Platforms for Linux on the downloads page unless it is prepackaged in TP. Any help with be thankful.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
rfranci
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 8 of 14

Re: Endpoint Security Threat Prevention for Linux 10.7.5

Jump to solution

Hi @User55246900 ,

The ENS reported names "ENDP_AM_1070LYNX" and "ENDP_GS_1070LYNX" indicates that the extension needs to be update. As the ENS linux is dependent on ENS for windows extension, i would recommend updating the windows ENS extension to the latest version. 

I hope you you find this helpful.
- Rohit Francis

View solution in original post

Griffian
Level 8
Message 13 of 14

Jump to solution

Our 10.6 clients are still fine.

13 Replies
AjaySundar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 14

Jump to solution

Hi @User55246900,

Good day to you!

We would need access to the ENSLTP installation logs which should be under the /tmp folder to check why the installation failed. If you do not find any logs generated, then we will have to take a look at the McAfee Agent logs for the cause of the installation failure.

With regards to the ENSLTP, we do not have a separate package for the platform, the TP package installs the Platform as well.

Please verify if the Linux OS is compatible with ENLTP 10.7.5, if yes then gather the logs and share it with us to check further.

Regards,

AJ

Jump to solution

Well I also just tried to uninstall the 10.6.13 and that failed to uninstall as well. I am unable to retrieve the logs at this moment, but do i need to turn off something in ENSL TP to allow me to uninstall or upgrade products? I actually have tried turning off OAS exploit prevention and so forth and still same results. So i am kinda confused. I thought the uninstall would work.

Jump to solution

OK I managed to get it to install, but now it shows up as ENDP_GS_1070LYNX and ENDP_AM_1070LYNX under the products tab. I would have thought it would show up as ENS 10.7.5 and platform 10.7.5. It says successful and the correct versions for both, but the names aren't exactly friendly.

Griffian
Level 8
Message 5 of 14

Jump to solution

Hi,  Did you get any further with this?

I'm seeing the weird names too under Products and I need to fix to enable rollout of RHEL8.4

Jump to solution

Sorry no I did not GriiffianReport,

I currently have a trouble ticket in with McAfee and my McAfee representative said he did a test and that it came back good for him as shown below:

Hello,

This is regarding SR # 4-22001367***.

Thank you for contacting McAfee Technical Support.

I did tested with same version on one of my test machine " CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core)" with ENSL 10.7.5 and I see the following result.

DXL_____1000                            6.0.3.278

Agent                                   5.7.2.162

Endpoint Security Firewall              10.7.5.53

Endpoint Security Platform              10.7.5.139

Endpoint Security Threat Prevention     10.7.5.98

Please share a copy of MER log from the affected machine to investigate this.

Jump to solution

I am still having an issue with the names as shown below:

ENDP_AM_1070LYNX

ENDP_GS_1070LYNX

rfranci
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 14

Jump to solution

Hi @User55246900 ,

The ENS reported names "ENDP_AM_1070LYNX" and "ENDP_GS_1070LYNX" indicates that the extension needs to be update. As the ENS linux is dependent on ENS for windows extension, i would recommend updating the windows ENS extension to the latest version. 

I hope you you find this helpful.
- Rohit Francis

Griffian
Level 8
Message 9 of 14

Jump to solution

@rfranci 

Thank you for your response.

Windows extensions updated and all is working!!

Griffian
Level 8
Message 10 of 14

Jump to solution

@User55246900 

Just tried updating my Windows extensions as per @rfranci suggestion.  All is working now!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community