cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Endpoint Security Standalone Version 10.7.0.3012 cound not be updated

Jump to solution

I have Endpont Security Standalone installed on my servers. I have neither epo nor mvision to manage these agents. I have the problem that the servers could not be updated for a while. In the LOG I found the error: "Download from McAfee repositories not allowed. Error code:-201. Error message:License key does not exist". I am currently installing V3 dat files to keep them up to date. The products are actually licensed. There should be no problems with the licence. 

what is actually the problem here ? what should i do to make it work ? I tried removing Endpoint Security Platform and reinstalling throung the customer portal. That did not help. If i press on the update button it tells that the valid repository could not be found. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Pravas
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 8 of 8

Re: Endpoint Security Standalone Version 10.7.0.3012 cound not be updated

Jump to solution

Hi @Elankeeran ,

A similar issue was reported before in the KB below.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB94895&locale=en_US

The solution for Standalone is to re-install. I believe you've tried it but that didn't help.

I would suggest to try uninstalling it using the Endpoint Removal Tool followed by reboot.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB90895

Install ENS and verify if the update works

Thanks

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi @Elankeeran,

Thank you for your post.

Please review the below KBA that talks in detail about the issue and resolving the same.

Repository NAIHttp is not usable for the current update session (updates fail from McAfee HTTP)

Sincerely hope this helps.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

Jump to solution

This is actually the link i followed. But this did not work for me. Any other ideas ?

AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

HI @Elankeeran,

Thank you for your quick update.

May I know which steps were exactly followed by you?

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

Jump to solution

@AdithyanT 

The step I followed is the following from #https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB94895&locale=en_US

Standalone Agents – Agents not managed by any ePO solution need to be manually remediated by uninstalling and reinstalling the agent. For instructions, see the first workaround below. If you have a large number of standalone clients to remediate, we have a tool that you can use to make remediating standalone agents easier. Contact Technical Support by opening a Service Request (SR) if you need this tool, and reference this KB article. 

I downloaded the "Endpoint Security Standalone Install Version 10.7.0.1192.5" from my portal, uninstalled the existing Agent and installed the downloaded file. I still can't update the agent. I get the same error message again and again.

I am going to try this again, but going to reboot the server after uninstalled the agent. Let's see if it hels. Do you have any ideas ?

AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi @Elankeeran,

Thank you for your kind update on our suggestions. yes a Reboot is an excellent idea here, it is indeed needed when removal of ENS is performed.

I would also recommend using EPR tool once, restarting the Server and then installing the latest version of ENS on the machine (The Endpoint product Removal Tool requires a reboot, This tool can also be obtained from your product downloads site as well!).

If this still does not help, I would then recommend having an SR opened with us to investigate the issue and remediate the same.

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

Jump to solution

@AdithyanT 

@Pravas 

Thx guys. The thing I missed, is a reboot after the uninstallation.

I did not use the tool but uninstalled the components manuelly. The reboot helped to clean the system.

It works now. The new Agent find updates.

Pravas
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi @Elankeeran ,

A similar issue was reported before in the KB below.

The solution for Standalone is to re-install. I believe you've tried it but that didn't help.

I would suggest to try uninstalling it using the Endpoint Removal Tool followed by reboot.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB90895

Install ENS and verify if the update works

Thanks

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community