cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Endpoint Security License - Install VirusScan Enterprise?

Here is the story:

I need to install McAfee VirusScan Enteprise 8.8 on a server. The reason being is that the server is quite an old one and is controlling some processes in a production plant. We used this product (VirusScan) in the past and is proven to be working.

Since this is an old system, we are not in a position to try and test the Endpoint Security in a production environment, so we cannot test it in advance (if it was a new system, there would be no issues).

The question is: if I purchase a license for "McAfee Endpoint Protection Essential - For SMB", would I be allowed to install VirusScan Eterprise instead? Or would that be a violation of terms and conditions?

I tried contacting McAfee to see if I can still buy VirusScan licenses, but they are ignoring my emails. Looks like they are not interested in selling them to small companies (we are a small company, i.e. a sub-contractor).

I would appreciate all replies and suggestions.

2 Replies
Thussain
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Endpoint Security License - Install VirusScan Enterprise?

Thank you for your query

May I know what is the Operating system running on the machine?

Could you please provide me with your contact details, may be I can have a Sales Person contact you. 

"The question is: if I purchase a license for "McAfee Endpoint Protection Essential - For SMB", would I be allowed to install VirusScan Eterprise instead? Or would that be a violation of terms and conditions?"

It would be better if sales can answer this part

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Endpoint Security License - Install VirusScan Enterprise?

Hi @Eradicated,

Thank you for your post. I am afraid "McAfee Endpoint Protection Essential - For SMB" does not carry a license for VirusScan Enterprise.

Also, Can you kindly please DM me the email address you used for contacting us? Can you kindly try contacting the Sales using the below contact information page if you have not already:

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-in/home/contact-us.html

We grow with our customers and because of our Customers and hence we value all of our customers. Our sincere apologies for the lack of response from our end. We sincerely look forward to your response.

Edit: removed repetitive content as posted above by my colleague @Thussain.

We sincerely hope we are helpful.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community