cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Endpoint Security Install failing.

Hopefully someone has a suggestion. I have attempted a few installs as we are just testing. Currently 3 from 5 have completed without issues . They uninstall VSE and install the required platform and modules without any issues. The other 2 computers uninstall VSE fine but when coming to perform ENS install they fail with a error in the log stating the MSI could not be copied into the Program Files folder as required. Can anyone help.

Thanks

5 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: Endpoint Security Install failing.

Which version of ENS are you using? I seem to remember there being an issue with 10.5.4 and that error - if it's the one I'm thinking of.

Can you share the whole error you found?

Hi,

I'm trying to deploy the new version 10.6.1. From what I can see error is below.

11:39:27:586 - Copy msi failed. Source : C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Agent\Current\ENDP_GS_1060\Install\0000\\McAfee_Common_x64.msi. Dest : C:\Program Files\McAfee\Endpoint Security\Endpoint Security Platform\RepairCache\\McAfee_Common_x64.msi. Last error: 5
CustomAction UpdateSourceList_x64 returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)
MSI (s) (A4:68) [11:39:27:632]: User policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0
MSI (s) (A4:68) [11:39:27:632]: Machine policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0
Action ended 11:39:27: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6

Hi peterhardy,

I'm getting the same error messages. Were you able to figure out why?

Hi,

I have not as yet. I have a support case in with McAfee and will let you know the outcome.

Peter

Tompi
Level 7
Message 6 of 6

Hi, I have the same error message. Did you get any useful information from Mcafee?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community