cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Endpoint Security 10.7.0.2174 Threat Prevention Full Scan Paused After Updating ENS and Agent

Jump to solution

Hi McAfee Community,

I recently deployed to four test machines McAfee Agent (MA) 5.7.1.116. I then updated, 2 of those 4 to have ENS 10.7.0.2174. I noticed that these 2 machines missed the nightly full scan, and on looking into this further the machines are stuck at paused on the scans. 

The other 2 machines that kept the previous ENS of 10.6.1.2113 and had the MA of 5.7.1.116 are handling their scans fine. 

Is this due to compatibility between MA 5.7.1.116 and ENS 10.7.0.2174? Should I only be deploying the updated MA and leaving ENS at the 10.6.1.2113 version?

My operating system for all of these test machines is a 64bit Windows 10 Pro on Version 20H2.

Thank you for any support you can provide or direction on making this post easier to support! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
yaz
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Re: Endpoint Security 10.7.0.2174 Threat Prevention Full Scan Paused After Updating ENS and Agent

Jump to solution

Hi @PerArduaSurgam 

Thanks for writing back. 

I believe you can raise an SR and provide us with debug enabled MER logs. 

We can escalate to Engineering and provide you further fixes for 10.7 version. 

As a workaround, you can install 10..6.1

Was my reply helpful?

If yes, please give me a Kudo.

If I have answered your query, kindly mark this as solution, so that together we help other community members. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
yaz
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Re: Endpoint Security 10.7.0.2174 Threat Prevention Full Scan Paused After Updating ENS and Agent

Jump to solution

Hi @PerArduaSurgam 

Thank you for reaching out to McAfee Community. 

As far as compatibility, there is no issues with ENS 10.7.0 and McAfee Agent 5.7.

It looks like scheduled task is not reaching the client.

Can you verify from the logs if the scan kicks in?

ODS logs are available in the location (C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Endpoint Security\Logs).

If you have any difficulties, you can raise an SR and provide us with MER logs. 

We can investigate the issue in detail. 

Was my reply helpful?

If my suggestion was helpful, you can mark this as solution so that together we help other community members. 

Jump to solution

Hi @yaz

Thank you for the information. I am seeing in that log that the scan is starting each evening however it does not finish, in fact, it pauses as soon as the Scan starts. The processes are showing that as soon as the scan starts the very second it will stop. There are multiple entries (15+ each day) of it resuming and then instantly pausing afterward.

Hi @hnegishi,

Thank you for the information as well. I appreciate the help and responses to my first post!

====

For now, I may begin updating only the Agents only to 5.7.1 and leaving ENS at 10.6.1.2113. Let me know if either of you have further direction to take on this or recommendations for troubleshooting. I can also create a ticket if that is preferred as well for submitting logs. 

yaz
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @PerArduaSurgam 

Thanks for writing back. 

I believe you can raise an SR and provide us with debug enabled MER logs. 

We can escalate to Engineering and provide you further fixes for 10.7 version. 

As a workaround, you can install 10..6.1

Was my reply helpful?

If I have answered your query, kindly mark this as solution, so that together we help other community members. 

View solution in original post

hnegishi
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @PerArduaSurgam 

Thank you for reaching out the community.

We are investigating some issues that ODS task will not run after upgraded ENS/MA.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB92071

Note:above issue has possible to occur on MA 5.7.1.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB93812

To clarify your issue whether above issues match, please raise a service request for technical support.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community