even though I have the software checked in. I am unable to update clients
7 Replies
McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: Endpoint Secuiryt Threat Prevention and Firewall not available in Updates

Hi @coco235 

Thanks for posting your question here! To begin with, may I know what is the method you are suing to update your endpoints? Do you have a deployment task in place?

This is a very broad subject to look into. So let us narrow it down with the right questions here:

What is the current version your endpoints are running at? (ENS platform, Threat Prevention and Firewall)

What is the version you wish to upgrade/update to? This is a very important question, depending on your answer, this can either be an update task or deployment task which should help you.

Any other details you can help us with here?

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
McAfee Technical Support

Greetings. When I click on a client and go to Actions > Agent > Update Now, the Endpoint Products do not appear
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

This button will only update an installed version of Endpoint Security with Content Updates. It would only update with product updates if it's connected to your ePO and you have products checked into the appropriate branch of your Master Repository.

Is this a standalone installation or ePO managed?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 8

@coco235 

Thank you for your response. As @chealey rightly  said, we would need to understand our goal here. Are we trying to upgrade the version of product? If Yes, then from what version to what version?

Depending on your response, I can get you the recommended set of steps that should help you here!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
McAfee Technical Support

upgrade from 10.6.1.1206 to .1607
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 8

You will need to download the software from the product download page and upgrade manually. The Update Now button won't do this for you I'm afraid.

If you have it checked in to ePO, you will need to run a product deployment task via ePO to upgrade the software.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

@coco235 

Thank you for your prompt response. Now we are looking at a deployment task here. So here is a list of steps that should help you. Please note that all these steps are well documented and explained in this guide: I have merely selected the ones that would be required for you at this point of time and pasted them for your ease of access. I would still recommend you to go through the guide if you are interested in understanding the process. 

1. Install the server-side Endpoint Security components on the McAfee ePO server as the first step in the
    installation process.
    This task installs two types of product components on the management server:
    • Product management extensions — Add Endpoint Security management features (such as queries and
    client tasks) to the McAfee ePO server that enable you to manage the client product from the console.
    • Product deployment package — Add client software files to the Master Repository. You can then deploy
    them to managed systems.
    Task
    1) In McAfee ePO, select Menu | Software | Software Manager.
    In McAfee ePO 5.10, Software Manager is called Software Catalog.
    2) From Product Categories, select Software Not Checked In, then select Licensed.
    3) From the product list, select the McAfee Endpoint Security version you want to check in.
    The product description and all available components are displayed in the table below.
    4) From the Component table, locate the bundle for the version you want to check in.
    5) If needed, click Update, then click Check In.
    6) Select the branch to check the client packages into and click OK.
    When check-in is complete, the extensions are listed in Extensions and the deployment packages are listed in the Master Repository.
  2. Once this is done,

1) From the McAfee ePO console, click Menu | Software | Product Deployment.
2) On the Product Deployment page, click New Deployment.
3) On the New Deployment page:

• Enter a name for the deployment.
  • Select an Endpoint Security module, such as Endpoint Security Threat Prevention, from the Package drop-down list.
  • Click +, repeat the above step for each module to deploy. Endpoint Security Platform, also called the Common module, is installed automatically if any other
    module is installed.
  • Select the systems to deploy to.
  • Configure any other settings, then click Save at the top of the page.
  • The Product Deployment page opens with your new project added to the list of deployments. Also, a client task is automatically created with the deployment settings.

4) Check the status of the deployment on the Product Deployment page.
Click the deployment task in the list on the left-hand side of the page to display its details on the right-hand side of the page.

I sincerely hope this helps in getting your task accomplished. If you run into any problems during these steps, you know where to knock! We will be glad to assist you further!

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
McAfee Technical Support
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community