Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jack_95
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

EndPoint Security or ePO for Remote area

Jump to solution

Good day to everyone. I have some questions regarding selection between Endpoint or ePO for my PC groups in remote area.

I have around 20+ PCs scattered across a remote area and would like to deploy McAfee for security measurement. Some questions regarding both products are:

1. Is it possible to setup a Centralized PC as distributor of AMCORE (I suppose McAfee Virus-Definition is AMCORE?). by using Endpoint Security only instead of ePO?

2. If my existing 20+ PC are running standalone Endpoint Security, is it possible to later on manage them using ePO?

Appreciate if above questions can be answered.

Cheers.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LKS
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Re: EndPoint Security or ePO for Remote area

Jump to solution

I have highlighted my answer in bold letters.

1) I will need ONE ePO license only for my centralized PC which host the ePO. All the client PC will need to have McAfee License to install Endpoint/Threat Protection

Point product License is based on endpoints that you purchase. EPO is a complimentary console which you can host on dedicated Windows Servers and enter the ePO license to have a Enterprise console/download licensed products.

2) After installing ePO and installing the ePO license, I can push McAfee Agent AND McAfee Endpoint/Threat Protection down to the Client PC for remote installation.

Yes you can push Agent/ENS and other McAFee products.

3) Any policies/ exclusions can be done in ePO and push further down to client PC.

Yes it is achievable.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
LKS
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Yes it is possible.

1. Is it possible to setup a Centralized PC as distributor of AMCORE (I suppose McAfee Virus-Definition is AMCORE?). by using Endpoint Security only instead of ePO?

Using mirror task in ENS which you can accomplish. 

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/endpoint-security-10.6.0-common-client-product-guide-windows/page/GUI...

2. If my existing 20+ PC are running standalone Endpoint Security, is it possible to later on manage them using ePO?

Yes you have to deploy McAfee Agent to manage from EPO.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Jack_95
Level 8
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi LKS,

Thanks for the info, it's really helpful. I'm now testing ePO with my basic setup and notice Endpoint and Threat Prevention is missing in my ePO catalog. For licensing, what licenses do I need for my centralized PC which will host the ePO?

1) McAfee ePO license & McAfee License (Endpoint, Threat Protection etc)

2) McAfee ePO license only?

Thanks

LKS
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Just EPO license is enough. If would like to know your EPO license, goto product download siteàenter the grant number, copy the grant number which you see on the screen and enter under EPOàserver settingsàlicense Key tab

Was my reply helpful?

Jack_95
Level 8
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi LKS,

Thanks for the speedy reply,

So just to summarize previous questions into few pointers below:

1) I will need ONE ePO license only for my centralized PC which host the ePO. All the client PC will need to have McAfee License to install Endpoint/Threat Protection

2) After installing ePO and installing the ePO license, I can push McAfee Agent AND McAfee Endpoint/Threat Protection down to the Client PC for remote installation.

3) Any policies/ exclusions can be done in ePO and push further down to client PC.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on above pointers and appreciate your replies on above items.

LKS
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

I have highlighted my answer in bold letters.

1) I will need ONE ePO license only for my centralized PC which host the ePO. All the client PC will need to have McAfee License to install Endpoint/Threat Protection

Point product License is based on endpoints that you purchase. EPO is a complimentary console which you can host on dedicated Windows Servers and enter the ePO license to have a Enterprise console/download licensed products.

Yes you can push Agent/ENS and other McAFee products.

Yes it is achievable.

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community