Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sohel
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Enable ENS Web Control for Edge

Hi,

I recently installed Edge  (v_85.0.564.680) on my machine, I  have gone through below KB, also, uninstalled /reinstall McAfee Web Control but I'm still not able to "enable" Web Control extension for Edge.  

Hi,

Enable ENS Web Control in Edge: 

In Edge, a prompt displays asking the user to enable the ENS Web Control extension when opening Edge after the ENS Web Control installation. ENS Web Control does not function in Edge until the extension is enabled

4 Replies
ryadav1
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Re: Enable ENS Web Control for Edge

Hello @Sohel ,

Please follow the steps below to Enable Web control in Microsoft Edge browser 

Click on Settings and More or press ALT+X 

From the menu that appears, please select Extensions and turn it on as shown in the image below

**Note - ENS Web Control 10.6.1 adds support for Edge in Windows 10 version 1809 (October 2018 Update) and later.

Please refer to the Supported Internet browsers section from the link below 
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB82761

ENS WC on MS EDGE.PNG

Thank you ,

Raj 

McAfee Support 

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
wjmarche23
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Sohel ,

Open Edge, check if, under Settings > Extensions, you are able to see McAfee EndPoint Security Web Control. If you do, try to enable from there.

If you are able to see the plug-in, but you cannot enable it. Please open a ticket with Support.

If you do not see it there. Please open a ticket with Support.

Collect a MER for initial troubleshooting.

Reference: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB59385

Kind regards,

Wilfredo
McAfee Support

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Sohel,

Thank you or your post. If this is regarding the new Chromium Edge browser, I am afraid ENS Web control is not supported yet on this browser.

The version 85.0.564 when google seems to point out to a build of chromium edge, May I confirm the same?

I yes, then please refer to the below KBA as reference as to it being a not supported browser at the moment.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB82761#Browsers

I sincerely hope this helps.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Sohel,

Adding to the above, we do not have a specific ETA for chromium support, please subscribe to the KBA for any updates on the same.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community