cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ESP error log entry for mfeesp GTIBL.GTI.Error (GTIImpl.cpp:644)

Jump to solution

All of our Windows clients are firing the following log entry in the endpoint security platform error.log

mfeesp(7880.10420) <SYSTEM> GTIBL.GTI.Error (GTIImpl.cpp:644): TS_RateConnection failed. Returned = 1

We just recently made some changes to our FW and EP policies.  The first error we saw after these changes were this.

mfetp(6312.7944) <SYSTEM> BoBl.NIPS.Error (NIPS:0): [k] @Invalid signature function index: 0xffffffff

This was learned to be caused by an out of date EP content version, which stopped firing after we pushed out an update.  When we fixed the NIPS logging, the GTI logging above started.

Any ideas?  We have an SR open as well but havent had luck just yet and would really like to get this resolved asap.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 5

Re: ESP error log entry for mfeesp GTIBL.GTI.Error (GTIImpl.cpp:644)

Jump to solution

Hi @lerrico,

Thank you for your post. ESP errors are meant for troubleshooting purposes from support and Engineering end as it contains modules that are not yet activated but will be in future releases as well. hence the logging information could be superfluous and may not be entirely useful to us. We would request you to ignore the same.

Having said that, As @patrakshar mentioned, you can report the functional issue here so that we can investigate the same accordingly.

If you are worried about GTI connectivity, you can always perform the Artemis test and let us know if you find an issue on the same.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB53733

I sincerely hope this helps!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @lerrico 

Thanks for posting here. I would like to know what is the functionality issue you have for which this log has been checked. Can you please explain what exactly the functionality issue you have with ENS on the machine?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

We don't seem to have any functionality issues.  We updated the EP content version which cured one log, and then immediately afterwards the GTI error log stared.  The only changes we made were to the GTI sensitivity in our FW policy and turned on NIPS in the EP policy.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @lerrico,

Thank you for your kind response. In that case, I would recommend ignoring the errors as they are meant only for support and Engineering to troubleshoot during functional issues.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @lerrico,

Thank you for your post. ESP errors are meant for troubleshooting purposes from support and Engineering end as it contains modules that are not yet activated but will be in future releases as well. hence the logging information could be superfluous and may not be entirely useful to us. We would request you to ignore the same.

Having said that, As @patrakshar mentioned, you can report the functional issue here so that we can investigate the same accordingly.

If you are worried about GTI connectivity, you can always perform the Artemis test and let us know if you find an issue on the same.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB53733

I sincerely hope this helps!

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community