cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP Threat Protection Vs Mvision

Hi, I am currently using EP Threat Protection and need some additional licenses but now the reseller is saying this product is not available anymore and is replaced by MVision. So my questions is- 1. Is the reseller saying correct? 2. Is MVision is similar to EP Threat Protection? 3. If I go for MVision, What changed do I need to apply on my EPO? Thanks, Santosh.
4 Replies
AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: EP Threat Protection Vs Mvision

Hi Santosh (@User98066486),

Thank you for your post. By "EP Threat Prevention",  Am I correct in saying that you are referring to the product Endpoint Security Threat Prevention?

If that is the case, then your Reseller is merely pointing the "name" of the "Bundle" that they are selling which is supposed to also include ENS as a part of the bundle.

I would recommend requesting a detailed brochure of applications available in the SKU/Bundle to clarify this with the reseller before going for the purchase.

I sincerely hope this helps.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

Hi Adithyan,

ETPYFM-AA MFE  - EP Threat protection is the product which is I am using right now but they are offering  me MV1ECE-AA-AA - MVision Protect Standard.

As you suggested, I am going to ask them the detailed brochure but can you please advice me if I can use the offered part number instead of the once which I am already using and associated changes to the epo?

Many Thanks,

Santosh

AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Thank you for your update. Unfortunately, I am from support and hence I may not be able to gather the SKU/Part details from my end. However, I am aware of MV1 and MV2 packages and hence I expect MV1to have ENS as a part of the package. 

I would still recommend getting details of products involved, as there are few changes expected in terms of the products available and hence depending on that, you may have to make decisions on replacing/upgrading certain products if they are being used in your environment.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

I was just wondering how I knew about MV1 and Mv2 and I just found the answer which may help you. I remember researching and consulting my sales team, so this is verified information. However, I still recommend getting brochure details just for clarity.

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/ePolicy-Orchestrator-ePO/ETP-ENS-and-MVISION-Future/td-p/650510

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community