Did you mean: 
Highlighted
KSpann
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

ENSLTP not installing completely

Jump to solution

Running ePO 5.3.2.  Pushing out ENSLTP 10.5.3.1650.  Successfully installs on 80% of the systems.  All systems are RH 7.5 or 7.6.  The 20% it does not work on shows from ePO that ENS does get installed and while waiting for the DAT version to show up, the 'Client Events' shows "Unknown failure occurred on property collection" and "Product may not be functioning as expected" under Policy Enforcement.  The systems show that it has a DAT version that is installed with the package but never updates.  Looking at the isectpd.log on the systems, there is a line that reports "ERROR ENSLMain [19193] Exception happend to register with MA/LPC.Product will be unable to communicate with ePO."  I am sure this is the issue but what could be causing it and how do I gather more information?  I have pulled the McScript Log and it is full of data but not really sure what to look for.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee akatt
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: ENSLTP not installing completely

Jump to solution

The LPC error essentially means that the point product can't successfully register with the McAfee Agent.  These issues are normally corrected by reinstalling MA, or doing an MA upgrade.  

Unfortunately, I am not seeing anything listed on the already discovered issues (for MA for Linux or ENS for Linux), so can't guarantee that an upgrade will resolve it, but worth a try.  Provided that doesn't help, we would most likely want MA debug logging (KB below) and a service request opened with the Enabling Technologies team (ePO/MA team).

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB69542

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

2 Replies
McAfee Employee akatt
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

The LPC error essentially means that the point product can't successfully register with the McAfee Agent.  These issues are normally corrected by reinstalling MA, or doing an MA upgrade.  

Unfortunately, I am not seeing anything listed on the already discovered issues (for MA for Linux or ENS for Linux), so can't guarantee that an upgrade will resolve it, but worth a try.  Provided that doesn't help, we would most likely want MA debug logging (KB below) and a service request opened with the Enabling Technologies team (ePO/MA team).

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB69542

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

KSpann
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

I have opened a ticket for this issue.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator