Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PENG
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

ENS10.7 fails to be deployed on Windows Server 2008 R2

I had an error deploying ENS to a Windows Server 2008 R2 PC using the EPO platform          My deployment mission failed. 

I tried to update the certificate .https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87096

Updated Microsoft patches:KB4474419​     KB4490628

But the deployment mission failed

Detailed Information:product"ENDP_GS_1070"installation failed, reason"Point Product Custom Error".<br/>Product"ENDP_GS_1070"installation failed, reason "Unknown error".

How can I solve this problem

6 Replies
Tares1
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Re: ENS10.7 fails to be deployed on Windows Server 2008 R2

Hello @PENG 

I would advise you to check the agent to server communication is working and test if the local install fails as well.

Then open either an agent SR or ENS SR for further analysis of the logs attaching a MER from the system.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Tiago A
PENG
Level 7
Message 3 of 7

Thank you very much for your advice
1.Communication is normal.
2.I would like to know how to install locally.(I used McAfeeSmart install. exe to Install ENS on my computer)
3.How should I get MER from the system
vivs
Level 10
Message 4 of 7

Hello ,

Couple of suggestions:

1) If the communication is fine in that case please check the McAfee Agent logs (masvc.log to check whether the task invoked or not, McScript_deploy.log to check whether the installation started or not, mfemactl.log to check any third party dll injection hooking or not)

2) If all looks good, Please check Temp-McAfeeLogs folder to see whether any installation log for ENS has been created or not, If yes please check for the errors.

3) For standalone installation, Please download the product from Product Download Site or user ePO's Software catalog to download the package for installation.

ENS.JPG

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

PENG
Level 7
Message 5 of 7

Hello, according to your suggestion. I tried using a separate installation package
But when I clicked setuoEP, the installation screen didn't pop up.I waited a long time, but still no response 

2.PNG

vivs
Level 10
Message 6 of 7

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

After clicking on setupEP , Anything in Task Manager?

If no luck, Please open a Service Request with McAfee Support so they can check and provide you the resolution.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

PENG
Level 7
Message 7 of 7

Yeah, there's nothing in task Manager
Many thanks for your help.
I'm going to request technical support
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community