cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
One of the machines in our fleet received an error ID 1119, update failed When i looked at the machine in EPO it had no ENS installed but it appears to have had one yesterday. I checked the Client Event information on that machine and found Agent GUID: Event ID: 2402 Severity: Critical Event Received Time: Event Generated Time: Host Name: User Name: IP Address: Version: SP HotFix: Extra DAT Names: Event Type: Update Error Code : Unable to find valid repository Locale: en Site Name: Initiator ID: Initiator Type: UpdateTask Product Name: McAfee Agent I have blanked personal information in the other fields
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Hi @User59868537

The error "Unable to find valid repository" could have a number of causes. Generally as the error says, it was unable to find a repository to pull the updates from.

It seems strange that the system doesn't have any ENS listed as installed. You would need to check the client itself and if ENS truely isn't installed, obviously install it and see if the error happens again. If it does you can check the system is able to reach your repositories (set in the McAfee Agent Repositories policy), if all seems fine you would be able to see further details to the failure in the McAfee Agent logs located in %programdata%\Mcafee\Agent (or Common Framework)\Logs >> mcscript.log

If you look for "Unable to find valid repository" within the mcscript log you can see which respository was tried and why it failed. Usually it will display a curl error failure which you can check here (https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-errors.html).

If you need any assistance from technical support, please raise a "McAfee Agent" service request and share the logs from the system so we can perform our analysis.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
2 Replies
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Hi @User59868537

The error "Unable to find valid repository" could have a number of causes. Generally as the error says, it was unable to find a repository to pull the updates from.

It seems strange that the system doesn't have any ENS listed as installed. You would need to check the client itself and if ENS truely isn't installed, obviously install it and see if the error happens again. If it does you can check the system is able to reach your repositories (set in the McAfee Agent Repositories policy), if all seems fine you would be able to see further details to the failure in the McAfee Agent logs located in %programdata%\Mcafee\Agent (or Common Framework)\Logs >> mcscript.log

If you look for "Unable to find valid repository" within the mcscript log you can see which respository was tried and why it failed. Usually it will display a curl error failure which you can check here (https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-errors.html).

If you need any assistance from technical support, please raise a "McAfee Agent" service request and share the logs from the system so we can perform our analysis.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
vnaidu
Level 11
Message 3 of 3

The error "Unable to find valid repository" could have a number of causes. Generally as the error says, it was unable to find a repository to pull the updates from. I would like you to check the log for more information which is located on %programdata%\Mcafee\Agent. 

I would like you to install ENS first, because without ENS the updates cannot be installed. If the product is there and still you receive the aforesaid error, then the best approach would be to check if the relevant repository is reachable from the node. If not, set the repositoriy.

Hope this helps,

Regrds,

Venu
Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.