Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Linuxxo
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

ENS upgrade fails, get error 16001

Hello,

I have a system that is failing to upgrade the ENS to the latest version (from Sept to Feb update). When looking at the installation logs for TP and ATP, I get the message below:

22/04/2021 09:00:11.717 [1696] [LICENSE_MANAGER] License manager returns with error code 16001. Please ignore this error for ePO cloud environments.

I have found a KB but the error codes do start at 16002. Any ideas what may be causing this issue?

Thanks

6 Replies
hnegishi
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Re: ENS upgrade fails, get error 16001

Hi @Linuxxo 

Thanks for your post.

As far as I checked, there is no case that this error caused failure of upgrade for ENS directly and this error has been seen on clients that were succeeded to install.

So I recommend you submit a service request with a MER log to investigate further.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
yaz
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 7

HI @Linuxxo 

Thanks for reaching out community. 

The issue happens due to following details. 

Error code: 16001 The installation wizard detected one or more conflicting McAfee products (such as Deep Defender) on the system that it can't remove automatically.

Please let us know if there is any conflicting products present. 

If not, I request you to reach out to our Technical Support by opening an SR and provide us with MER logs. 

We will look into the issue in detail. 

Was my reply helpful?

If yes, please give me a Kudo.

If this resolves your query, please mark this as solution so that together, we help other community members. 

Linuxxo
Level 11
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for your suggestion. I removed the McAfee Profiler from the machine, the used the removal tool to remove the old ENS. The machine was left with the Agent and Drive Encryption software. After restarting only the old ENS (Sept update) was installed, but the new version (Feb update) failed to install once again. Is there a log file that would give more clues on what may be causing the conflict? If not, I will need to raise an SR.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 7

You can try checking the Windows-Temp-McAfee logs (If pushing from ePO)

If installing manually please refer %temp%-McAfee logs 

Linuxxo
Level 11
Message 6 of 7

I have already checked the logs, the only ones being generated for the installation had the number 16001 on it. Now for some strange reason, I have pushed the upgrade again this morning on the affected machine, and it worked.

I have exactly the same issue. ePO says it worked. The only log on the system is McAfee_LcMgr_Firewall.log and all it says is this: 27/09/2021 14:58:38.555 [15340] [LICENSE_MANAGER] License manager returns with error code 16001. Please ignore this error for ePO cloud environments.

I went back to look at ePO to see if I could see anything that might tell m why, and if showed as installed. Weird

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community