cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ENS threat prevention 10.6 for linux using high memory utilization

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am facing issue from last 3 months .i have installed ENS on linux server, the server is using for Splunk application. i have added all the exclusion & process but  still we are getting high memory utilization. lot of time i have submitted MER & process dump to the McAfee.

Still we didn't get any solution form McAfee side.

Anyone have solution on this.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: ENS threat prevention 10.6 for linux using high memory utilization

Jump to solution

Hi Rahul

I just wanted to follow up on this in case other uses are experiencing the same.

I can see the support case raised for this issue required engineering interactions. The cause of the issue was our Access Protection feature which uses mfeaack kernel module to monitor different system calls and process the events. They found a significant memory leak for one or two system calls. The fix will be included in ENSL 10.6.3.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
2 Replies
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi Rahul

I just wanted to follow up on this in case other uses are experiencing the same.

I can see the support case raised for this issue required engineering interactions. The cause of the issue was our Access Protection feature which uses mfeaack kernel module to monitor different system calls and process the events. They found a significant memory leak for one or two system calls. The fix will be included in ENSL 10.6.3.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Hello,

Did you see a significant reduction of memory consumption ?

On linux servers which are protected by ENSL, i always see a large memory consumption (as show below) : 

clipboard_image_0.png

Do you have same behaviour from McAfee ISECTP process, do you know if it "normal" ?

Thanks !

Regards

Arnaud

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community