cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ENS scan a file at the time of upload on the API

Hello everyone,

I have a use-case for ENS about scan a file at the time of upload on the API (python) .

My customer have one public application (API Python), this application is very critical and he is will be used by external customers, there is a step that the external customer will upload a file in this API.

My customer want to scan the file when the file is upload to the API before the file gets to the system (on-access scan)

Do you have the procedure that I can use for to call the Mcafee antivirus scan who is installed on the server and who is manages from ePO ?

eg : add the scan antivirus Mcafee on the Pyhton library for to scan a file at the time of upload on the API .

thank you for your help and collaboration,

Best regards,

Oussama HAMDI
1 Reply
AjaySundar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: ENS scan a file at the time of upload on the API

Hi @OussamaHAMDI,

Good day to you!

The on-access scanner is a real-time scanner, it scans any file/process when it is read or written to the disk. Is the file uploaded is malicious and if the detection for it is available within the DAT/AMcore/GTI content it would detect and quarantine the file.

In order to verify if the scan is actually working, we would recommend you to perform an EICAR test.

The steps involved in performing the test are available in the below article.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB59742

Let us know if you have any further queries.

Regards,

AJ

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community