cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ENS for mac 10.6.2 policies not applying

Hello,

Not sure if anyone has seen this behavior yet, but I'm evaluating the latest ENS for mac 10.6.2 with the firewall, web control, TP & ATP options & after a clean install on OS X 10.14.5, the firewall & web control policies don't take effect.  The other policies do take effect however.  I've tried reinstalling with no luck &  installing it on another one running 10.14.5 with the same results.  I also tried doing an upgrade from 10.5.9, but no luck there either.  The only way I could get them to apply was to downgrade ENS to version 10.5.9 & keep it there.  After that, all was well.  Here is a shot of both systems:

The first 2 are the failed policies with the installed 10.6.2 products listed & the next 2 are the working policies with the 10.5.9 installed products.  I noticed that the products listed for both are not displayed the same for the firewall & web control.  Not sure if that's a factor in this.  I've applied all of the latest extensions & license extension.  Both systems are running the latest 5.6.1.157 agent & I'm running ePO ver 5.9.1.  The only other difference is hardware.  One is a brand new mac mini & the other is an iMac. 

As a side note, I have ENS for windows 10.6.1 running fine with all of the policies being applied correctly.

thanks

iosman

1 Reply
parul1234 McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: ENS for mac 10.6.2 policies not applying

Hi ,

Could you please try below option - 

Open System PreferencesSecurity & Privacy and click Allow for the McAfee kernel extension to load on the system.

The reason is because the earlier approval for com.intelsecurity.FileCore.kext is not valid for the renamed kext: com.McAfee.FileCore.kext.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community