Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MohdAfiq
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

ENS for Linux full scan/quick scan log

I schedule a quick scan and full scan. Wondering where can I see what are being scan. Could not find the log file

3 Replies
Pravas
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: ENS for Linux full scan/quick scan log

Hi @MohdAfiq,

Please check in the below location for OnDemand scan logs.

/var/McAfee/ens/log/tp/

Thanks

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

BSharma
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 4

Hello

You will find ods logs in below files and path. This log will only show you the Errors and time out files only.

You will need to turn on ODS activity Monitor in EPO- ENS Common policy to review all the files that are scanned.

/var/McAfee/ens/log/tp/odsreport         - The subfolder where ODS Report persists
/var/McAfee/ens/log/tp/mfeodscollector.log     - The real-time log file for on-demand scan (ODS) Collector
/var/McAfee/ens/log/tp/mfeodscollector             - The subfolder where ODS Collector rotates the logs and keeps them               

Binary name and installation path changes with Endpoint Security for Linux 10.6.6

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB92028

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

MohdAfiq
Level 9
Message 4 of 4

i will take note on that. upon check the mfetpd.log, we notice this line

ExploitPrevention [31724] Rule ID: 50016 Rule Name: Possible RedXor Backdoor Infection Detected will not be added as it is not part of any rule in the content

May we know what this line means for? thank you 

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community