cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ENS and ePO Agent

Hello, We currently have the following version running in our Environment

Windows Servers: ENS 10.5.3, 10.5.2 and 10.5.1 ePO Agent 5.0.6.220, 5.0.3.362, 5.0.2.188

Due to memory issue, we have been advised to upgrade to the latest ENS and ePO Agent.

We are planning to upgrade our environment to ENS 10.6.1.1128 and ePO Agent to 5.5.1.388.

My question is how stable are those versions? Any known issues we need to be aware? Is there any recommendation.

6 Replies
vnaidu
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: ENS and ePO Agent

Hi,

My team is testing this recently and they have identified that we had a memory leak issue in our earlier version. So far it did not create us with any issue. Hopefully this should be the stable version like VSE8.8.0. Patch 4.

Venu
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 7

Most known issues can be found in our known issues list: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB82450

Out of experience working in support 10.6.1 is a lot more stabile than 10.6.0, also with the November Update for 10.6.1 the final memory leak issues we are seeing will be resolved.

On an additional note - I don't know if you are aware of our EUA (Endpoint Upgrade Assistant). This assistant will help you with your upgrade. It analyses the endpoints in your ePO environment, detects the supported McAfee products that are installed, and determines the minimum requirements for upgrading to current versions of the products. With this information, you can plan and implement product upgrades efficiently throughout your environment. With EUA Package Creator you can create a custom deployment package that includes all products that need to be upgraded in a single, one-click deployment task via EUA Upgrade Automation. For more details you can see: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB88141

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Unfortunelty one of the server that we upgraded to 10.6.1 showing 1.4GB memory utilization. A little frustrating.

What is this telling me is Memory leak is pretty much on accross ENS version. I haven't seen any memory issues with VSE product in our environment.

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

May I ask for which process you are still seeing the high memory? I would suggest, wait for the November update > reboot the system after you've installed it and then monitor the situation.

If the issue still persists then we definitly need to address this. We would need data as per KB86691 "Memory leak" submitted to us after issue has been reproduced with ENS debug logging activated and the logs collected via our MER tool.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

mcshield.exe   Mcafee Scanner services

McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

@User16096767 Do you have the ATP module installed?

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.